I also had the distinct pleasure of attending the band concert tonight. They are extremely talented musicians... I was very impressed. It was also fun for me to spend some time with my kids outside of the "school" atmosphere. Really, they are incredible people. I am looking forward to seeing how they grow up. They are a great group-- incredibly sensitive and compassionate and just a good group of friends. I am so proud of them; they've already grown a lot since the beginning of the year. I also have a great group of women to work with as well; they are so encouragingly and we laugh constantly. And on a wonderful note, my Dana is pregnant! She's due in July and I am so, so, so excited for her and Corey! I am pulling for a girl and so are they... so that's good. :) Now that she's pregnant, I have baby fever a little bit more than I did... but just a little, so don't worry, Mom! :)
On a totally different note, we have finally found a church here that we are loving. It's a small Baptist church, but it's only a minute away from our house and we love the people and the teaching. It's so refreshing to be at a church with people who love Jesus with their lives and love each other for who they are, despite their weaknesses. It reminds me of a small HPBC, and appropriately enough, it is also HPBC! :) We have met some wonderful people there and are being fed by amazing teaching. We are blessed!
We have a big weekend ahead of us with Tyler's work Christmas party tomorrow and then a day together on Saturday. We are going to go out to dinner on Saturday and then go and see one of my students in a play, so I am very much looking forward to that. I need a good weekend after the long week I had. Christmas is SO close! :)

2 comments :
oh my, sixth grade love. thankfully love gets better as time goes on. wouldn't that totally be disappointing if thats all it ever was??
baby fever. hmmm...your mom will only worry until you have one, and then she will love it. :) but, for the record, my mom still asks me if i'm pregnant every time i say i'm not feeling well. seriously, mom...if i were pregnant i'd let you know.
the thing about baby fever is, only you and tyler can know when the time is right...and heck, God may have a completely different idea in mind than you two do, either earlier or later. but, let me tell you...you won't be disappointed with motherhood! suprised sometimes, maybe, but definitely not disappointed. its worth it, whenever it comes! no rush though, they stick around for awhile... :)
ohhhh sixth grade love. i am dealing with the SAME thing at my school... makes for some great stories though!!
can't wait to visit HPBC with you. sounds wonderful.
i love you!
Post a Comment