Wednesday, July 2, 2008

If you need painters, we are AWESOME.

Day three is over and I am feeling a bit sad. This will be my last week off in a long, long time. I have so enjoyed this break and I think that next year, I will take the whole summer off and just enjoy myself. However, I am enjoying this summer with the darling kids I nanny for, so I will just take it for what it is... a fun summer that's just a tad busy! :)

Today was rather simple. I woke up, got ready for the day, and my precious friend Laurel came over. She was kind enough to help me paint my new classroom today! We painted for about 2 1/2 hours straight and finished! I must say, it looked GREAT! Neither of us had ever painted before, so we were kind of nervous, but I think we did an excellent job. It was tiring, but we got a lot done. We painted the room white, but when my kids come, we are going to make a border by using their hand prints dipped in primary colors! It should be very cute and very "elementary". :) The room was already white, but it was kind of a dingy white... it needed a fresh coat! I will put a picture up of the final result in a few months. Painting was a lot of fun and it was great to spend that time with Laurel just talking and catching up. She has quickly become a dear friend and a huge blessing and I love living by her!! I will have to take her out to lunch soon to say "thank you" for all her help today!

You may be wondering why I always say I will post pictures eventually. Well, this is because I am kind of afraid of this computer. We have a Mac and it is still uncharted territory for me. I could upload my pictures to my old Dell without fail. I was very good at that and I would totally be able to post pictures from my old computer. However, the Mac is still very confusing to me, so as soon as I figure it out or make Ty sit down long enough to teach me, you will see some real photos. :)

After painting, I came home and relaxed. I was exhausted. After a while, Grant and Em came over and we grilled out, then finished up The Departed because Grant and Em had already seen it. I had seen it, but I had just forgotten about how it went. It was a pretty good movie... a LOT of expletives, but a very clever screenplay.

So, that was about it for today! Tomorrow will probably be even more low key, but I love days like those. Maybe I will even get a chance to lay out in the sun.

Until then...

1 comment :

Hayley and Mike said...

You can DO IT! The Mac is not as frightening as it at first seems...and once you get used to the differences you'll wonder why you EVER used a PC! :) Mike and I got a Mac with some of the money we got from our wedding, and we have been Mac-lovers (??) ever since! Good job on your postings--they are interesting and fun!