Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Goodies

Yesterday, we had our school's Christmas cookie exchange. There weren't very many of us, but we had such a good time! We ate appetizers, exchanged cookies, and had some great conversation. I brought Jessica's peanut butter balls and my Oreo truffles. I had some great feedback on both although I am growing rather attached to the peanut butter balls!

I packaged them in those sweet little boxes that I got in the dollar section at Target! What a steal! It was a fun way to give the cookies away.


My friend, Traci, brought Spinach Herb Dip and Beer Bread from Tastefully Simple. Oh, dear Lord, I nearly ate myself sick on that. It was beyond good. I ate so much that I actually thought I was going to vomit. Never fear, I didn't. On a side note, if you ever have a chance to go to a Tastefully Simple party-- GO. Everything is so incredibly delicious. You won't be sorry.

I brought bruschetta and it was a hit! I thought I would share the recipe with y'all. I serve this one pieces of french bread, but you could serve it on any type of crackers and I plan to try it on burgers this summer!

Bruschetta with Boursin Cheese

Ingredients:
10 small tomatoes, chopped
1 clove of garlic
1/4 Vidalia onion, chopped
6-8 basil leaves, julienned
Dash of balsamic vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
Garlic and Fine Herbs Boursin Cheese
French baguette, sliced into rounds

Directions:
1. Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion and basil. Stir.
2. Put a dash of balsamic vinegar into the mixture and stir. Put about 2-3 T of olive oil into the mixture and stir.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle more olive oil over the baguette rounds, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toast. (I skipped this step yesterday because of my lack of time and it was still delicious!)
5. Spread cheese on each baguette round and top with bruschetta. Enjoy!

This is one of my very favorite treats and it's not too bad for you if you don't count the white bread and the creamy cheese! I am planning on making this again for New Years. I must go, but I have to let you know that I have already lost 3 pounds despite the cookies and dip I stuffed myself with yesterday. Go figure!

Let me know if you try the bruschetta! I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments :