Even though I really enjoy going to movies, I don't watch the award shows for anything but the fashion. Case in point, right after Monique won last night (my top pick-- she did a PHENOMENAL job in Precious!), I conked out. Obviously I wasn't too concerned about staying awake to watch the rest of the Oscars. These were my top picks for best dressed.
Queen Latifah looked gorgeous. What a good color and cut for her!
Kristen Stewart, for once you looked classy and appropriate. Even though I don't like you, I love your dress. Well done.

Monique, you absolutely deserved your Oscar. You're a great actress and you looked beautiful. Great color choice!
I'm a big fan of anything with ruffles and I think the color complemented Elizabeth Banks quite well.
Can I look like Demi Moore when I get older? Or maybe now? I think this is stunning.
I feel like Penelope Cruz can do no wrong when it comes to fashion. She looked amazing. This dress just works on her.
My top pick for best dressed of the night?
Helen Mirren. Wow, wow, wow. She looks absolutely incredible. The dress fits her well, I love the color on her and she just looks confident. She is a timeless beauty.
Now, for the misses. And boy, did some women miss big time. Did they not look in the mirror before the show? Seriously. I am an elementary teacher and I could have chosen better.
Mariah Carey, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Did you buy this dress at your local Wet Seal and accessorize it with a brooch from Claire's? I mean, come on. Have a little sense.
Meryl Streep, you are smarter than this. It is 2010 not 1989. You are such a classy woman, too! Lets work on this; I don't think you're a lost cause.
I have two questions for you, Miley Cyrus. One, did you forget to put the top of your dress on, because girlfriend, it looks like you are WEARING YOUR CORSET. Second, why were you even AT the Oscars? Get back to me with the answers at a convenient time for you. Love and kisses.
Zoe Saldana, this is so many shades of wrong (no pun intended) that I can't even touch it with a ten foot pole. No. No. NO.
My pick for worst dressed overall?
Paula Patton. This made me want to scream, "MY EYES!" while burying my head in the remaining snow in our backyard. She is darling and her baby bump could have been the best accessory, but instead she chooses to shroud herself in an extremely uncomplimentary shade of orange that resembles a Creamsicle at best? Oh, honey. You need some fashion rehab STAT. This is not okay.
Obviously, I am no fashion expert. These are just my thoughts on the matter. I'd love to hear your picks for best and worst dressed! And just to provide my your eyes with a little respite from the orange thing above, here are my two top man candy choices from last night. Deeeeeeelightful.
Zac Efron. No one who reads this blog on a regular basis should be surprised by this one. I received several texts after he walked the red carpet last night. I love people who know me well. :)
Ryan Reynolds-- hello. You are cute. And I am married. And so are you. And... the end.














2 comments :
My favorites were Elizabeth Banks & Sandra Bullock. Mariah Carey is always wrong. Always. I didn't mind Miley's dress (she's young & I like that it wasn't typical). I would have liked Demi Moore's had it been a different color.
Demi Moore CAN DO NO WRONG. I mean. Come on. The girl's got it going on.
Post a Comment