T's boss is in town and is coming for dinner tonight. This is the first time I've had to make a meal for someone I don't know. Add to that the fact that it's his boss, and I'm a little bit nervous. Since I got pregnant, I haven't been great at cooking full meals because I'm so tired and sometimes food still makes me sick. Thankfully, I've been feeling a lot better in the past few weeks so I'm up to the challenge. I've also been cleaning like a maniac, which feels suprisingly good. My house is spotless right now-- I wish it would stay that way! It's amazing how good it feels to accomplish something when you've felt terrible for the better part of four months. Here's what I'm making tonight.
Oh my word, these called my name when I saw them. I gave Tyler a few choices for the main course and this is the one he chose. I married a good man.
Spinach Salad with Yellow Pepper and Tomato
I'm making the salad easy on myself. I have a few fun salad dressings that I'm going to offer to spice things up a bit.
I'm making the salad easy on myself. I have a few fun salad dressings that I'm going to offer to spice things up a bit.

Cole's Garlic Bread
I grew up on this garlic bread. I know it's not homemade, but oh, it is SO good. It always reminds me of my brother because he is obsessed with it.

Recently, I received a beautiful Tastebook that my girlfriends and I put together. I actually have a blog post brewing about the book, but my sweet friend, Katie, put this in there. We obviously both like Pioneer Woman recipes! I am so excited to try it because I love asparagus in anything. Love you, Katie!

Croissant Pudding
This is another recipe from our Tastebook from my friend, Emily! I am really lucky to have amazing girlfriends who are excellent cooks and bakers. We like to eat well and this is a great recipe.



2 comments :
those stuffed shells looks amazing! i want to come to your house for dinner! you'll love that asparagus - yum yum. Can't wait to hear how everything turns out. I love our tastebooks too!!!
Everything looks amazing, but I think I could create an entire meal out of asparagus and croissant pudding! Oh how I love croissant pudding.
Post a Comment