Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Griffin :: 1 Month


Griffin, you are one month old!
April 6, 2011







What were you up to this month?


--You are wearing mostly newborn clothes and a few 0-3 month things. You are so long but so skinny!

--You are in newborn diapers but we're close to moving you up to size 1.

-- You've already been to the doctor's office 4 times. We had some struggles when you were first born with nursing and you lost more weight than you should have. You just had your one month doctor visit and you've gained enough weight now to make them happy! Someone gave us a baby scale so that has been helpful to ease my mind.

--We are still struggling with nursing. Most of the time I am pumping and feeding you that way. It's very exhausting and I don't know how long we'll continue to do this. My priority is keeping you full and healthy!

--You sleep a lot during the day and you do pretty well at night! Usually you're up just once, sometimes twice. You are still sleeping in our room in a cradle. I like having you close, but you are a VERY loud sleeper! During the day, you take naps all over the place.

--You like your swing a lot. It calms you down and puts you to sleep almost every time we place you in it!

--You are a very sweet and content baby. Your personality is just precious!

--You love your paci and it really calms you if you're fussy. This makes me very happy!

--You do the sweetest thing where your purse your lips and look like you're giving us kisses. It is so darling.

--Usually, the first thing people comment on is your hair! You have lots of soft, dark hair. It's very silky and fine!

--I'm absolutely obsessed with you. Sometimes I look at you and I just cry and cry because I can't believe how lucky I am to have you. Your daddy and I are positively nuts about you!

--At your one month appointment, you weighed 10 lbs, 6.5 oz (50th percentile), measured 22 inches (50th percentile) and your head measured 15.5 inches.


Happy One Month Birthday, precious boy! I love you!




No comments :