Something I find myself saying a lot as a mom is that each stage of babyhood/ childhood is my favorite. I think one stage is my favorite, but then I change my mind when we get to the next stage. But right now might really be my very favorite.
Griffin is old enough to participate in and enjoy things that I enjoy. It's so much easier to go places now because I can just throw a few diapers and wipes in my bag with a sippie and a snack and we're good to go. No more diaper bag packed for anything we might need at any given time in the next month.
It's an easy and fun stage except for the behavior training and the diapers. Oh, the diapers. And no, neither of us have any interest in potty training anytime soon, thank you.
Griffin has figured out recently that I love to cook. Anytime I'm doing anything in the kitchen, he'll tell me, "Mommy cook! Mommy mix!" I also love toddler speak.
Last week, I had to bake a cake for cake pops and cupcakes for his birthday party. In the past, I typically bake and prep meals while he's taking his nap, but I decided to let him help. I am so, so glad I did. He loved dumping the water and oil into the bowl and using the handheld mixer.
I didn't get any pictures of the actual process because I wasn't thinking of it. But afterwards, I let him lick the beaters both times. This child was in heaven. I'm not sure I've ever seen him so delighted. I grabbed my camera and got some good shots.
The chocolate batter face pictures are my favorite. I can't even handle how cute he is. I have moments every day where I can't believe this little sugar is mine. Thank you, Lord!
I'm so thankful for my little companion and that I have a little baking companion... even though I don't get to lick the beaters anymore. It's worth it!










3 comments :
Oh my word - his curls just KILL me!
ah he's so beautiful! The hair is just unreal! I'm so excited for the helping stage! We're alllllmost there.
I absolutely love this post. I cannot wait until Mac's old enough to bake cookies with me and do some of the stuff I like doing. Right now it's IMPOSSIBLE to do anything in the kitchen with him b/c he's got grabby hands and everything goes straight into his mouth!
Post a Comment