Wednesday, September 25, 2013

22 Weeks

22 Weeks
September 18, 2013- September 24, 2013


How Far Along: 22 weeks

Size of Baby: She's approximately 11 inches and almost a full pound. That's about the size of a spaghetti squash, which I've never actually cooked, FYI.

Total Weight Gain: Not sure if I've gained this week or not. Actually, I'm sure I have; I just don't know how much. I'm okay with that. Ignorance is bliss, right? 

Maternity Clothes: Yep! For the most part, maternity shirts are finally noticeably more comfortable than non-maternity shirts. Old Navy has some darling maternity tops right now!

Gender: Girl!

Movement: I saw my belly move this week when she kicked! She's a powerful little stinker! She's still moving mostly in the morning and evening, but if I lie down, she starts making herself known. 

Sleep: I'm still sleeping fairly well! I don't have trouble falling asleep and I although I always wake up in the middle of the night at least once, that's very normal for me, pregnant or not.

What I Miss: I'm not really missing anything this week! 

Cravings: Still sweet things and red meat, but NOT hamburgers. Isn't that weird? I've been loving any kind of red meat, even in ground beef form, but the thought of a hamburger still makes me want to cry. Pregnancy is weird.

Symptoms: Acne and hair loss. I keep forgetting to mention this, but I've been losing hair by the fistful since I was about 6 weeks pregnant. This happened during my pregnancy with Griffin as well. I'm one of the lucky ones who loses hair for 9 months and then for about 4 months after I have the baby. It's a good thing I have so much hair; otherwise, I'm pretty confident that I'd have bald spots!

Best Moment of the Week: On Friday, Tyler felt the baby kick! I promised him that no one would be allowed to feel until he felt her move and she decided to show off big for her daddy! He had gotten home on Thursday night from a trip and I was so excited that he finally got to experience her moving. It was such a special moment!!

3 comments :

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh you look so cute! It is amazing to feel them move every time and so exciting when the Hubby gets to experience it too! That is so funny about red meat but no burgers! And yes, keep the scale in the closet! ;) You look gorgeous and you're growing a sweet precious baby, no need to worry about pounds!

Anonymous said...

I love these updates. You are so cute!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Love these updates...you are so darn cute!!