1. Podcasts
Have I been under a rock for the last few years? Until recently, the only two podcasts I'd spent any time listening to were The Big Boo Cast (which I highly recommend!) and Serial (also highly recommend and I am firmly on Team Jay is Totally Guilty). However, the BBC doesn't record theirs with any regularity and Serial is over for now, so I wasn't listening to any podcasts other than my church's when I would miss the message.
A month or so ago, my friend Krysta recommended The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey and I do believe I've found my true Internet spirit animal in Jamie (hopefully she never reads this because HOLY EMBARRASSING). I've blown through 23 episodes in a month while folding laundry, cooking dinner, watering my flowers... basically, I have accomplished a lot of housework that I'd been neglecting thanks to Jamie. The Happy Hour was a gateway to other podcasts and although it's my favorite, I have subscribed to several that I love. Do you have any podcast recommendations? I'm all ears!
Another few honorable podcast mentions:
Sorta Awesome with Megan Tietz, Mystery Show, The Popcast, The Dave Ramsey Show, The Longest Shortest Time, Grace Fellowship Church (shameless plug for my church!)
2. Pomegranate and Orange San Pellegrino
I don't like sparkling water. I just don't. I'm a big fan of regular ice-water, but sparkling water has always tasted like a tasteless, pointless cocktail to me. La Croix? Blech, no thank you. This summer, my friend Le brought some of this over one night and had me try it, even after I insisted that I DO NOT LIKE SPARKLING WATER. Luckily she's persistent, because this is my new favorite. It helps that it tastes more like juice, but boy, is it delicious! I will admit that I was indeed wrong about this particular sparkling beverage, but don't too excited. My sparkling waters begin and end with my beloved Pomegranate and Orange San P. Best of all, it's too "spicy" for Griffin, so I don't have to share. Huzzah! That's motherhood for you, huh?
3. Books
Reading is one of my favorite things to do, but these days, I just don't have the time to read as much as I'd like. Consequently, I have a book list a mile long, but I'm always taking recommendations! I did recently read The Knockoff (Loved it and gave it five stars on GoodReads, but I felt that a large chunk of the story seemed a bit unbelievable), The Girl on the Train (Dark, but compelling. I did figure out the end about 3/4 of the way through the book) and Luckiest Girl Alive (SO dark and the language made me flinch a lot, but I couldn't put it down and sadly, I think many women in this day and age can probably relate to the main character), so those are out.
Books that are on my To-Read list...
A Praying Life, The Fringe Hours, Nobody's Cuter Than You, Girls Like Us, From Scratch, From Scratch: The Uncensored History of The Food Network (Those last two are different books, but I'm dying to read them both!), Counter Culture, Thriving in Babylon, The Royal We
4. Chobani Flips
I'm fairly certain I've mentioned these before on my blog, but Mama don't curr because these are amazing. I don't love yogurt, but I could put down a few of these a day. My two that are tied for favorite are the Peanut Butter Dream and the Key Lime Crumble, but they're all so good. Get you some.
5. Toes
Specifically these thirty tootsies and the humans that are attached to them.
Disclaimer: these are the only toes I like. If you're not my kid, get your feet away from me, por favor. My best friend and college roommate used to think it was funny to try and comb my hair with her TOES. Thinking about it makes me gag. She still thinks it's hilarious. I think we should take a blog vote, mostly because I'm sure my side would win. Sorry to throw you under the bus, Lisa. You know I love you... but not your feet.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!






No comments :
Post a Comment