FYI, I did just squirt grapefruit juice IN MY EYE. I was sitting at my desk, working on grading while my students were oh-so-quietly working on their phonics. I thought I would enjoy my delicious grapefruit for breakfast because, let's all face it, a cup of coffee just does NOT cut it for breakfast... at least in my house.
Back to the grapefruit. I only had a few bites when some juice squirted directly in my eye. Instead of screaming out in pain like I wanted to, I turned around in my chair, covered my poor eye and whispered, "Oh. My. Gosh. OW." over and over again until I felt sufficiently better. I did not rub my eye, because that would have messed up my eye makeup and God forbid that would ever happen.
If you're wondering, my eye is fine and the grapefruit was delicious. I am still trying to gear myself up to go back for more. I'm not sure if I want to risk more pain/ ruined eye makeup. We'll see.
On a totally different topic, I am totally psyched about this.
If you know me at all, you know I have been a Britney Spears fan for a LONG time. Really. I promise. I bought her demo tape back when it came out. I even remember the sides of the tape. Side A: Baby One More Time and Side B: Autumn Goodbye. Wow, that's embarrassing. I know it is juvenile, I know it is shallow, but I am a fan. I always had faith in her while she was going through her crazy stage over the past few years. Through her shaved head, custody battles, hospital admittance(s), I've been rooting for her. I'm so glad she's back-- I knew this day would come! Doesn't she look GREAT? That's the Britney I love. Call me crazy, but I am not a fair weather Britney fan. Ask my girls. They'll tell you. And no, I am also not a 14 year old girl.
I'm most definitely buying that Glamour the moment I see it. Can't wait. Oh Britney-- you go girl.

6 comments :
it's the gospel truth... you're obsessed. :) love you!
Hi Rachel!
Thanks for visiting our blog, and glad you loved the tip about the tree. It really works great, I sprayed ours again today and it is just wonderful!
I laughed out loud at the grapefruit incident...that was so funny to me because I've been there, and reacted the same way--not wanting to ruin eye makeup! HA!
Have a great day, and come visit again anytime!
As your small group leader, I thought I had just a smidgen of influence on you, but I can see that I have not. j/k Ok so we need to have a blogging lesson. Half the time the computer doesn't do what I tell it to and it's driving me nuts. I may have to quit blogging...at least for a while. We missed you guys yesterday.
You CRACK me up girly!! Did your class notice that you had grapefruit juice in your eye???
I didn't know you (or anyone) was a fan of Britney!! I am learning alot about you on your blog!!
oh, Rachel. you never cease to amaze me, and yet I am never surprised by you. I think those two statements are only compatible when applied to you!!! :)
just found your blog and I think its really cute. You've got another reader...
Post a Comment