Today, I want to write on the blog. Really, I do. However, I feel as if I have nothing blog worthy for a post. Then, I realized, "It's MY blog so if I want to write on it, I CAN!" So, here I am.
Don't you just love the blog world? I do. I love it so much. It has enabled me to meet sweet new friends, reconnect with dear old friends, stay in touch with sister friends, and get to know far away friends in a completely new way. It is so lovely and I appreciate each one of you who read my blog and allow me to read yours. Delightful, I say!
On a completely different and unrelated note, the meal plan for the week has changed slightly due to some unforeseen circumstances (albeit, mostly pleasant unforeseen circumstances). The first glitch was last night when we decided to go out for Mexican food with Grant and Emily. What a delight, other than the fact that the restaurant was in Kentucky which still has yet to ban smoking from restaurants. How someone can smoke and eat at the same time is way beyond me. Not judging, just saying. Anyway, it is safe to say that every article of clothing that I wore last night reeked of smoke and went straight into the hamper. HOWEVER, the food was SO WORTH EVERY CLOUD OF SMOKE and the place was packed (read: we went on a Wednesday night and waited 20 minutes!). We knew then that we had found a gem. We also only waited 5 minutes for our food (I'm not exaggerating!) when we gave the waitress our order. The food was delicious, the company was better, and good times were had by all.
Afterwards, we went back to Grant and Em's house for a while and Emily and I looked through all of Foxy LB's clothes. Foxy LB is what I have nicknamed their baby girl (arriving in March) and no, you do not need an explanation. I am so pumped for Em to have this baby. Can't even wait. MMM, love me some baby girl!
In other news, we were going to have the Red Snapper Veracruzana. Well, PLANS HAVE CHANGED MY FRIENDS, AND DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? Because A) there is not a blessed market in Cincinnati that carries red snapper and B) the comparable CHEAPER piece of fish to red snapper is a sea bass, which was being sold at my market for a whopping TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS PER POUND. I'm sorry, but if I wanted gold for dinner, I would just eat some and not spend it on FISH. Maybe, say, if the queen were coming for supper, but I'm not even sure that she likes fish. Just for the two of us though? Holy not a chance.
I do hear you saying though, "Rachel! You went out for supper last night! That is perfect! Now, you can just carry on with your meal plan and omit that one day." My friend, you would be correct. But say a certain person got home about 20 minutes past their bed time last night and that person was extra tired this morning so said person hit their alarm causing them to be a little bit late for work? Well, if that had happened, that person would have had no time to throw the Broccoli Beef in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. Not a moment to spare, I tell you!
Although that person is not me, I have a good suggestion for her. Grilled cheese and vegetable soup might be an easy and delicious meal. As a general rule, I prefer my grilled cheese to be made with diamonds which are real easy on the stomach, if not on the wallet. I prefer my food to sparkle and if I'm going to buy ANYTHING for $24 per pound, it had better be beautiful and not fish-like.
TWENTY FOUR BIG ONES. FOR FISH.
Okay, I'm done now.
BUT FISH? I WOULDN'T EVEN SPEND THAT ON A FISHING POLE.
Alright, seriously, done.

5 comments :
HAhahahahahahahaha. Hillarious, friend. And I'm right with you. I'm WAY too cheap to eat diamond-encrusted fish. At least Jack doesn't like fish anyway.
This title made me smile. Just this week I wanted to try a new soup recipe and it called for turmeric, which of course I didn't have, and I paid $3 when I only needed 1/4t. Craziness!
And I love your new blog - not sure if I've told you that yet :)
Linds
It is so funny to me that you actually go to restaurants in KY! That is so crazy! I guess I don't have a good idea of where in OH you live.
AND...there is NOTHING wrong with grilled cheese. I would eat it every night if allowed. Especially with a little parm. cheese sprinkled on the buttered side. Mmmm.... I think I know what we are having for dinner as well!
My favorite: "I would not pay that for a fishing POLE."
hilarious rachel. seriously, hilarious. you are finding a really fun writing style--and i like it like i like you. :)
hayley
Post a Comment