I think I love weekends more and more as I get older, especially after a full and stressful week at work. Even though I had a snow day this week, it was still the ever-dreaded report card week, so a lot of my energy was spent on that. Combine that with the fact that it was my first week back to work since before Christmas and you have a recipe for a very tired and potentially upset Rachel.
Tired and upset Rachel came out in full force on Friday and unfortunately my poor sweet husband bore the brunt of it. I can get mighty ugly mighty fast when I'm tired and that made for a very unpleasant Friday evening. I am just thankful for a husband who doesn't tuck tail and run when I have freaky days. Make no mistake, there are freaky moments and there are freaky days. Friday was a DAY. Glad it's over and that I am taking steps to be sure that those days don't show up anymore.
Yesterday, much of my day was spent on the couch in my pajamas grading papers that I had neglected during report card week. I am all caught up and feeling good! I went over to my friend Emily's house last night and she helped me with my first sewing project on my new machine-- throw pillows! I am thrilled with how they turned out and they look perfect on our couch. I may make a quick run to Joann's today and see if they have the same fabric so that I can make a pillow for our family room chair! I finally have the confidence to attempt something on my own. Emily was kind enough to take pictures because I forgot my camera, so I will be blogging about it later this week! Thanks again, Em!!
I have a very thrilling day ahead of me today. I am going to tidy the house, meal plan for the week, put away the Christmas decorations (hey, they're down-- just not put away!!), and use my new Shark Steam Mop! I am actually pretty pumped. I also may venture out to the Walmarts to look for some candles for my non-working fireplace.
Speaking of fireplace, I need some serious help, ladies. Serious. I have three fireplaces in my house which means that I have three mantles. I enjoy decorating but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. I need some practical suggestions for what to do with my mantles. Currently, they all three have mirrors, so I don't need anything for the focal point, but what I do need is suggestions as to what I should put on the mantles. I figured, where else to go but to you all? I'm counting on you!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7 comments :
I only have one mantle and it's a challenge to decorate. Fortunately, we have only one and it has a TV mounted above it. But I decorate it with fall garland and Christmas holly for seasons, and I use candles on stands of different heights around the TV.
I have a friend that put a wreath above the mantle for Christmas, and he was hoping to find other seasonal ones to put there. It looked nice.
pictures of my girls would make them look VERY nice. you could even replace one of those mirrors with a huge picture of them all. ;)
try theinspiredroom.net and theletteredcottage.net for some great ideas in decorating. i have some seasonal pictures on my blog too if you would like to check them out. i think they are in the decorating section under the labels. i am glad that saturday and sunday were better than friday. ps...we all have our moments:)
go to my dear friend's blog
http://www.thenester.com
she's fabulous!
love,hayley
I have no mantels but I do have a shelf. I love the Salong vases from Ikea in different heights & colors: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=Salong
My style doesn't always match up but I do like her blog and all her DIY projects!
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2009/02/help-says-mantel/
thought you might want to know there is a mantel party http://bethcrabtreehunter.blogspot.com/ here every friday!
Post a Comment