Monday, January 18, 2010

Revelation

To be honest, I really try hard not to blog twice in one day. Not sure why. Usually I don't have that much to say, but today, I wanted to write something down before I forgot.

By nature, I am a super sensitive person. Always have been, probably always will be. I get my feelings hurt pretty easily, sometimes rightly so and sometimes not. Today, the feelings were hurt a little bit. No big surprise there. My natural response when I get my feelings hurt is to lash out at that person or situation. Lovely, huh?

Today, I was praying about this situation and the Lord pretty much slapped me right upside the head with something that I needed to be praying about more-- that I would be very aware of it when I hurt someone else's feelings... because I'm not. I spend a lot of time thinking about how my feelings are hurt but never about how I could have hurt someone else in a conversation or action. I started praying that the Lord would make it very obvious to me through the Holy Spirit when I hurt someone else and that I would be humble enough to apologize and make it right.

Don't get me wrong, my feelings are still hurt and for once, I think they have a right to be. However, that shouldn't stop me from asking the Lord to help me be more sensitive to others when I am in the wrong and trust me, I am in the wrong a lot.

This may not make a whole lot of sense to anyone else, but it was something I wanted to put down in writing so that I have some accountability on the days where I am not feeling so amenable to what God has called me to do. Those days are currently a bit too frequent.

Thanks for reading and we will now return to our regularly scheduled blogging. :)

2 comments :

Corrie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I struggle with the same thing. I am so sensitive and have my feelings hurt pretty easily. I really need to remind myself to think and pray for others when I hurt them. It's nice to know that others struggle with this as well.

Anonymous said...

i need to remember this more often!

hayley