

Yesterday, we had a sad thing happen. T's childhood dog, Sophie, had to be put to sleep rather unexpectedly. We are so sad about this. Sophie was a delightful little dog and so full of energy. You would have hardly guessed that she was 13 years old! Sophie was a miniature schnauzer and such a petite little thing. T and I were laughing last night at how she had a "smokers bark"; it was so raspy, but very, very cute.
As we were talking about Sophie last night, the sweetest thing happened. Whenever we are at T's parent's house, I always take pictures of Sophie because I find her to be so precious. I knew that I had taken some pictures at Christmas, so I got out my camera. We were so thrilled to find a video that I had taken of Sophie being, well, Sophie. I'll be honest, I don't even remember taking this video and I know I've never taken a video of her before. It is such a treasure and we kept talking about how happy we are to have it.
This little video just shows you the essence of this sweet puppy! We will really miss her and her raspy little bark. Sophie just couldn't sit still for one second which was something we loved about her. If any of you have ever lost a pet that you loved dearly, you know how sad this can be. We are thankful that Sophie lived a long life that was full of love and treats. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did and please, forgive my "dog voice". I don't know why this baby/alien/munchkin voice comes out when I talk to small children or dogs. I need to work on that. Also, please ignore Sophie's glowing eyes above. My camera does strange, strange things. Maybe it's the camera that makes my voice sound weird. Yes, lets go with that! :)
We'll miss you, Sophie. You were a precious and sweet little companion. We love you lots and you'll always have a very special place in our hearts.

4 comments :
So sorry to hear about your doggy. We love our pets so much here- I'm sure it is a difficult time to go through.
too cute! I love that she jumps everytime she barks
Its so hard to lose a family pet- but I am glad you have some great memories to remember her by!
Aweee! Tres sad!!! I have the best memories of our family dog --- a schnauzer too. Yaya for puppy heaven!! Xoxo-BLC
Post a Comment