Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I only love snow...

...when it gets me out of work (and on Christmas). Lots of snow last night=snow day for Rachel! Snow days might be the best part of being a teacher. You know, besides impacting children positively. I will be blogging about my glorious day (complete with pictures) soon, but for now, just a few things to ponder.

This conversation that Mandy documented was perhaps the best time I've ever had on Twitter. It also makes me thankful for the vast Interwebs that has allowed me to meet new friends that I wouldn't otherwise have known existed.

I read this post today that gave me chills and sent tears running down my cheeks. What a beautiful, honest, raw, and thoughtful story. I loved every second of it and I think you will too.

And on a final and very important note, did ANYONE see the dance that Tenley did for Jake last night on The Bachelor? That dance was a TREASURE for sure. T and I were sitting on the couch with red cheeks the whole time. She may have just sunk her own ship with that choreographed number. We'll have to wait and see. I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Vienna. That girl scares me with her fierce personality and yellow hair. Ick.

Oh, and have I mentioned that So Long, Insecurity is kicking my rear end in a very, VERY good way? My highlighter and pen are moving at a rate of speed that I didn't know existed. I am just soaking up Beth's wisdom and drinking it in as quickly as I can. I highly recommend this book for all women, whether you think you struggle with insecurity or not. Is anyone else reading it? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I am going to go enjoy the remainder of my snow day. Stay warm!

3 comments :

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I'm not a teacher, and I get snow days. Just, um, not today. And the twittersation from yesterday (YES I MADE UP A WORD) was the highlight of my day too.

Leigha said...

Hi,
I recently started reading your blog and love it.
I soooo want Tenley to win on the Bachelor! Or at least anyone but Vienna. :)
And I really want to start reading So Long, Insecurity!
Just had to comment!

Anonymous said...

that was QUITE a birth story...started bawling like a baby in the middle. beautiful and it makes me want to get that new donald miller book 10x more now!