Wednesday, March 10, 2010

These boots are made for walking...

Well, people, I knew the day would come. The day where I had no clue what to do and only knew to do one thing: turn to you. This is a very urgent matter and I would appreciate your full and undivided attention while you ponder my dilemma.

Spring is drawing near to Cincinnati. Oh, how I love the spring. There is nothing like the feeling when it starts to warm up outside. Spring is a perfect time for warmer clothes and darling rain boots. Back during Christmas time, I blogged about my need desire for Hunter Wellies. You can imagine my joy when on Christmas morning, I opened up the pair that I wanted. Thank you, Mom and Dad. You blessed me more than I can say simply through one pair of boots. However, I had overestimated my size and needed smaller boots. I quickly got online to place the exchange order (Zappos has a great policy and even better customer service). I was quite disheartened to see that they didn't have my size available. I put my name on the waiting list for these boots in my size (and in this color) and have been waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting.


Aren't they sweet? I just love them so much. But people, spring is coming and it's not going to wait for my boots. I have a very difficult decision to make. After talking to the wonderful people at Zappos.com today, I have discovered that there won't be another shipment of these until JUNE. Newsflash, spring is over in June! They advised me to call Nordstrom and see if they could place a special order. Update: I did and they can't. BOO.

Upon heading over to the Nordstrom website, I discovered something delightful-- they have two colors that I've never even seen! I happen to love those two colors AND they have them in my size! Give Him a handclap of praise! But, I have to wonder-- do I like them more than my beloved Violet boots above? I just don't know. That is where you come in.

Option A:

  

The Violet Wellies. I won't be able to get these until June at the earliest. These were my first choice. Hello, lovelies. (If you know anywhere that I can get these in a size 8, I will reward you in cold hard cash.)


Option B:
Um, CUTE. I really like these. Mary and I were conversating about my boot problem and I shared that I have a lot of turquoise jewelry that would be a nice accent. She thinks that these would be more practical than the next choice.


Option C:


Fuchsia! Or as us commoners like to say, pink! I really think these are sweet but am wondering-- too much pink? I tend to always lean towards things that are pink. My fear is this: I have a lot of pink shirts and pinks are hard to match. Plus, I wouldn't wear the pink boots with a pink shirt-- I'd wind up looking like a big bottle of Pepto Bismol. Gross. I've written pink so many times in this paragraph that it's starting to sound funny. Pink, pink, pink.


So... what do you think I should do? I truly would love your thoughts on the color I should pick. I am shamelessly begging you to leave me your thoughts in the comments or send me a Tweet (@rnoelhaney). Clearly I can't be left to make decisions on my own or I'll simply fall apart. So help... please? I'd be eternally grateful.


9 comments :

El said...

I like the violet best but don't think i could wait for the. The turqoise after that.

Kate Craig said...

turquoise!!

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I vote turquoise, hands down. There's no point waiting til June anyway, and the turquoise will go well with jeans, brown or black. They really are quite versatile ... You just have to get a really cute purse that will tie them together with outfits! (aka a reason to get boots AND a new purse!)

Amie said...

Turquoise!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Ohhh I love them! I love the turquoise but according to Lindsay Ferrier turquoise will be only a quick trend this year. Plus, if you buy a lot of pink anyway, I'd go with the violet.

tiny twig said...

okay, so there's some listed on ebay in the UK. one of the listings allows you to choose your size.

2. here's a list from the hunter site that shows where else they are sold online.

bloomingdales.com
cusp.com
endless.com
gorsuch.com
jcrew.com
lordandtaylor.com
milkshop.com
NeimanMarcus.com
net-a-porter.com
nordstrom.com
paragonsports.com
saks.com
shoes.com
shopbop.com
zappos.com

3. The Hunter website said also to call your Cincinnati Saks.

4. If none of those work...get the turquoise. You'd regret the pink, I think.

love.

Leigha said...

Love the turquoise, it's my favorite color.

Coach Vish said...

WAIT FOR THE VIOLET! purple is so hot right now :)

Jessica de Waard said...

Hi Rach! Hope you're doing well! Definitely go with the violet (I know that you'll have to wait). In the fall, could you see yourself wearing turquoise or pink boots? I got a pair of the Graphite gloss ones, and I absolutely LOVE them! Miss you!