Monday, November 1, 2010

21 Weeks



 
Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: Baby Boy is 3/4 of a pound! Heavyweight champ! He also is the length of a carrot, which is a good thing because I love carrots.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still hovering around 7 pounds which is mind blowing. I look like an elephant.
 Maternity Clothes: My sweet mother-in-law came into town this weekend and took me shopping for some cute maternity stuff! I got a few pairs of jeans, some shirts, a few sweaters, and some pants for work. Can I just say-- MATERNITY PANTS ARE FROM GOD HIMSELF. I never knew about the love affair I would have with elastic. I wore my PG (pregnant girl) corduroys today and was so blessed by them each time I sat down and/or needed to go to the bathroom. Thank you SO much, Vivian! I love you!
Gender: Still a boy! I also think we're closing in on a name!
Movement: Holy smokes, this boy doesn't stop. I feel him the most in the evening, but I love feeling him from time to time throughout the day. It's like he's reminding me that he's still in there. Trust me, son, I'll know when you're ready to come out. This is the closest we'll ever be (obviously) and I am not taking one moment for granted. Love him! I also think he has turned. At our 20 week ultrasound, he was lying straight across my belly but his kicking (and punching) has changed so I think he is in a different position now.
Sleep: I sleep so well still. It is HARD to get up in the morning!
What I miss: Hmmm... definitely vanilla cokes from Frisch"s. And Dr. Pepper. And sushi.
Cravings: Simply Lemonade forever. I wonder if I will ever get sick of it.
Symptoms: Two words: pregnancy acne. I have always had pretty clear skin but it's like the pimple monster has overtaken my face. I'm trying my best to keep the redness covered with my mineral powder, but OY, it has not been easy. I'm lucky my man loves me, acne and all! I also cry a lot easier. Tonight, we had to miss birth class because of my school's open house and of course I bawled like a baby. Oh dear.
Best Moment this week: Ty felt his son kick! Last night, we were passing out candy and Baby was moving around something fierce. Tyler was finally able to feel him which thrilled both of us to no end. What an incredible moment!
 
(This was a little late this week, so you'll probably be getting another update in a few days. Oops!)

2 comments :

pkgormong said...

Love your updates:) glad you love maternity pants!! No more bella bands, huh? I think you look great and I got acne on my chin like crazy! It was super annoying, but totally went away after I had Adalynn!!!! Thanks for always sharing your cute self!

Katie said...

you are looking great, rachel! i can't believe you are over half way - this is going so quickly! will you announce the name pre-birth or wait till after? love you!