Normally I don't watch Oprah. Frankly speaking, I don't like her, but occasionally I enjoy different topics she has on her show. I'm also not usually home at 4:00 on a weekday. However, I was anticipating last Thursdays show for weeks. The entire VonTrapp family came for a reunion on her show!
I had my DVR set for a few weeks, but I honestly checked it about ten times because I couldn't stand to think I might miss it! We also have major cable issues, so I no longer trust my stupid box. I had an inservice at work on Thursday so I actually got home before 4:00! It was such a blissful hour. I sang to all the songs and clapped when Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, and all the children came out for their interviews. I also cried... a lot. Blame it on nostalgia and pregnancy hormones. It was wonderful. I was so loud the entire hour; I'm pretty sure Tyler was regretting the day he began to work at home. I am also in LOVE with Julie Andrews. Is there anyone in the world who is classier than she? No. Never. It kills me that she had surgery that messed up her singing voice. She is just perfect.
The Sound of Music is one of my very favorite movies. I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it. I had the record when I was a little girl and I think it's time to buy it again so I can put it on my iPod. Yes, I had the record. My parents had this awesome record player and that is where I listened to the soundtrack. Don't hate; it was awesome. When I went to Austria with my parents in college, one of the highlights of the trip (and my life) was going on a Sound of Music bus tour. Our tour guide, Andrew, was hilarious and probably loved the movie a little too much. Side note, when I called to tell my parents that they should tape Oprah that day, my dad asked, "Is Andrew on, too?" He was probably there, bless his heart. Anyway, that tour was incredible. We got to see the gazebo where Liesl and Rolfe danced and sang "Sixteen Going on Seventeen", the fountain where they sang "Do-Re-Mi", both homes where they filmed, the lake they fell into, the road with the trees where Maria sang "I Have Confidence", and so much more. I love all the music so much, though. I think my favorite song is still "So Long, Farewell", but there are so many great songs. Again-- highlight of my life.
So, what is one of your favorite movies?




5 comments :
My favorite musical is Meet Me in St. Louis w/Judy Garland. It is totally sentimental for me.
I'd have to say The Sound of Music too (well, it is how I stumbled on this post)! I saw the Oprah reunion last week too and just loved it. The floodgates really opened for me when the grandchildren started singing "Edelweiss." You should definitely get the soundtrack again!
I watched it because I saw on facebook that you were watching it! I had no idea they were going to be on Oprah, but was super excited to find out via YOU:) ummm love the sound of music, but you've got mail is a favorite of mine:) wouldn't that be the life!
love sound of music - i break into song with a pandora station that plays all their songs.
love you've got mail - i think it's the teacher in me, that loves the romance of "a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils"
and i love any and all jane austen movies. and my fair lady.
I watched it too! Like you I'm not an Oprah fan but I had seen it advertised on TLC for some weird reason so I set it up to record!
I love Christmas Vacation, White Christmas and Meet Me in St. Louis!
Post a Comment