Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: Baby Boy is just over a pound (according to Baby Center). He is more than 11 inches long and the size of a large mango.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still ten pounds. I was relieved to get on the scale at the doctor's office on Tuesday and be reassured that it was not more.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing a combination of my regular clothes and maternity clothes.
Gender: Boy! Nameless boy.
Movement: He moves throughout the day, but mostly at night or after I eat. Yesterday, I was sitting in our morning meeting and I looked down just in time to see my stomach move! I love feeling him on the outside and when Tyler gets to feel him. We are going home this weekend, so I'm really hoping that his grandparents get to feel the little kicker!
Sleep: I've been waking up for a little bit in the middle of the night the last few days. I can usually go back to sleep, but I lay there and think for awhile. It hasn't seemed to affect me much when my alarm goes off!
What I miss: Vanilla cokes and having a normal bladder.
Cravings: Simply Lemonade. I'm trying to lay off the lemonade because of the sugar. It is HARD. I had a few sips this morning, but didn't even finish the quarter of the glass that I poured for myself! Small victories.
Symptoms: Baby brain is the worst right now! I also thought I was going to throw up last night, but I quickly ate something and it passed. Dodged a bullet there!
Best Moment this week: At our Bradley (birth) class on Monday night, we learned relaxation techniques that we can use during labor. Basically, a good portion of class was Tyler learning and employing massage techniques for labor. It was GLORIOUS. I laid on my yoga mat and was extremely relaxed by the end. He did a great job!
This update came really close to the other one because I haven't been great at blogging lately. Things have slowed down, so I'm back on the wagon! I'm planning on writing a post soon on why we decided to go with a natural birth and how we're feeling about it. Check back tomorrow as well-- I am going to post two of my new favorite recipes!


1 comment :
that's a beautiful picture :)
Post a Comment