Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Thanksgiving Secret

I love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays because of the combination of amazing food and family. I also tend to think holidays mean more to me now because of the long distance that is between Tyler and I, my parents, and my brother. I get so excited for the time that we get to spend with each other!

However, I have a confession.

As a (self proclaimed) foodie, this is horribly embarrassing. I hope that you can still like me despite the weakness I am about to share with you.

My favorite Thanksgiving dish, the one that I can't possibly live without...


Yes. It's cranberry sauce. And not homemade cranberry sauce. I'm talking the stuff that you see above. None of this "whole berry" crap. I want cranberry sauce that comes out of the can still looking like the can. I think the picture above does it justice. My mom is always kind enough to serve it because she knows that my dad and I loooooove it, but she always mashes it up and puts it in a pretty dish. I personally don't care what it looks like; I just know that this stuff is GOOD. I love the combination of sweet and salty and if you think about it, most food on a typical Thanksgiving table is salty. The cranberry sauce is the perfect bite of "sweet" that I enjoy having with all my sodium on Thanksgiving day.

There's my secret. Don't hate. What's your favorite Thanksgiving food, and how do you feel about cranberry sauce?


4 comments :

Kate Craig said...

stuffing is my favorite! and I love anything cranberry

Sally said...

Oh, Rachel, that picture is just not a pretty sight.

I'm not really keen on canned food--except maybe for tomato products.

I guess I can put that bit of info aside and still call you friend. =)

Now if there was a way to can chocolate, maybe I would like THAT!

Megan Z said...

you know me--i love all things giblet!

Tarah said...

I'm with you. Canned Cranberry sauce is my can't-live-without Thanksgiving menu item. I've become the provider of the can just to ensure it's presence. :)