Thursday, December 9, 2010

26 and 27 Weeks



I have been crazy busy, so I'm combining these updates. I am 28 weeks TOMORROW, so I thought I'd better get on the ball and post!
 
Pregnancy Highlights: 

How Far Along: 26, then 27 weeks
Size of baby: At 26 weeks, he was about a pound and two-thirds and was the length of a hothouses cucumber (I actually know what those are, thank you, Food Network), which is about 14 inches. Now at 27 weeks, he is about 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. All in all, they compare him to a head of cauliflower!
 Total Weight Gain/Loss: Why did I put this part on here? Sigh. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and I have gained a total of... 18 pounds. Whew, that is hard to type. I know I'm supposed to be gaining weight, though. I asked my doctor several times if I was gaining too much weight and he assured me that he feels as though I am right on track. Alright, pity party OVER.
 Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants, but a combination of maternity and normal shirts. Gender: Boy!
Movement: He moves all the time. It's my favorite thing! I looooove that when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can always feel him rolling around in there.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping great!
What I miss: Cookie dough. I'm in the midst of all my holiday baking planning and I feel sad that I can't indulge in my favorite holiday treat (the dough).
Cravings: Food in general. That's not really anything new, though!
Symptoms: This isn't a symptom, but it's getting harder and harder to tie my shoes and put socks on. I don't do very well bending over, either. My big old belly keeps getting in the way! 
Best Moment this week: Ty and I went to Babies 'R Us on Sunday and looked at cribs and rockers. I love going in that store and thinking about how our house will be overrun with baby gear soon! We are also still working on the name and it's fun to talk over those things together. I just love the new level that this pregnancy is giving to our marriage! One sad moment was that our Bradley class met for the last time. We absolutely loved the sweet woman that taught our class and I am so thankful to have her as a resource during my pregnancy and upcoming labor. I need to write a post on the class soon! It was fantastic.
 
Thank you so much for all your sweet encouragement in many different forms about my discouragement last week. I am feeling a lot better-- thank you, Lord! I do think that a lot of it is hormones, but I also need to learn to be not so stinking sensitive! I'm working on it. :)

2 comments :

pkgormong said...

Rachel, are you tired of me always commenting?!:) I just think you look so great pregnant, so I can't help but tell you! You know what I love about gaining weight while you are pregnant???? After you have the baby a TON if it goes away in like a week and everyone is saying you look amazing and have lost so much weight:) haha! Just think about those moments to come...it is worth it! hahah

Rashel and A.D. said...

Rachel you look so cute! Looks like just a little basketball! I cant wait till Im sticking out a little more..right now my belly is looking more like a freshman 15 belly haha :) have a good weekend!