Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of Baby: He is over 16 inches long and weighs around 3.3 pounds. He is the size of four navel oranges and is about to start a growth spurt!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of Tuesday, I have gained 20 pounds. Gulp.
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants (other than yoga/sweat pants) and a mix of maternity/ non-maternity shirts.
Gender: Boy!
Movement: He is still moving a lot and now that I know he is head down, I can identify some of his limbs! I love when he moves slowly and I can feel with my hand his little legs or knees. On Sunday, he was moving like a wild man and Tyler got to watch my belly move back and forth all on its own. It was funny to see his reaction! :)
Sleep: Oh, sleep. How I miss thee and my melatonin. I can always fall asleep super fast, but it just depends on the night whether or not I can sleep all the way through. On Thursday, I was just so exhausted that I got the best nights sleep I've had in ages. It was glorious! I think my body is just getting ready for a tiny person who doesn't care if it's 3 AM or not.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back and not worrying about him constantly. Welcome to the rest of my life-- ha!
Cravings: Still Vernors and sweet things. I actually fluctuate between Vernors and Cherry 7 Up.
Symptoms: A little bit of heartburn and some odd pains in different places. Anytime I have ANY pain, I get nervous. I also keep running into things with my stomach. Apparently I have misjudged my size. Yesterday, I hit a kid in the head with my stomach while I was walking around the room. WHOOPS!
Best Moment This Week: We got his crib and crib mattress! Hooray! Also, we had a fantastic doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE my doctor? Actually, there are two. They are the only ones in the practice, so it gives me a lot of peace to know my OB pretty well. We went over my birth plan with him and he was incredibly supportive of our decision to go natural-- he actually prefers to deliver naturally! I am so thankful that God provided him to deliver our son. Seriously, huge blessing. Also, I found out that a woman I work with had her second son with my doctor! We talked about him for a long time and she made me feel even more positive about him. God already has his hand on this birth-- I know that for a fact!


3 comments :
looking good Rachel! If there is one thing i miss about pregnancy it's watching the arms, legs, feet move across my abdomen like an alien's about to come out. :) it amazed me.
i love that you bumped into a kid with your belly. my first few pregnancies i ruined so many shirts b/c of spilling food on my stomach and running into things and getting them dirty. I don't think i spilled a drop during the last pregnancy.
I'm so glad you like your doctor. That's HUGE when it comes to delivery and being confident in the experience.
Love you friend. it's not long now.
I haven't been around lately and OH MY WORD YOU LOOK PREGNANT NOW!
you're adorable. completely adorable.
This is all so precious! I just love this blog and especially your journey to becoming a mommy! How exciting. :)
I found your blog via Tasty Kitchen (we're 'friends' on there - I'm speckjoy) so I just thought I'd say hi. :)
Post a Comment