Monday, January 24, 2011

32 and 33 Weeks



I'm going to have to upload my 33 week picture later-- whoops!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 and 33 weeks
Size of Baby: At 32 weeks, he weighed 3.75 pounds and was the size of a large jicama, whatever the heck that is. He was also about 16 inches long. At 33 weeks, he is a little over 4 pounds and is the size of a pineapple! It honestly does feel and look like I've swallowed something that is equivalent to the size of a a whole pineapple.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23 pounds and NO, I don't want to talk about it.
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants (other than yoga/sweat pants) and a mix of maternity/ non-maternity shirts. I did find a random pair of pants from Gap Body that my friend Debbie gave me and I have been living in those!
Gender: Boy! I think he has a name. I might be giving into Tyler's choice... might.
Movement: He still moves a ton, but it's a lot of slower movements. I think he's getting a little cramped. Sorry, little buddy! I love feeling specific body parts, like his teeny legs and feet. Pregnancy is such an awesome miracle; I'm not sure how anyone who has been pregnant could say there isn't a God! 
Sleep: I wake up once or twice in the middle of the night. I also sleep with approximately 54 pillows which is really pleasant for Tyler.
What I Miss: I guess I miss not having a tiny person cramming his feet into my ribs. :)
Cravings: Oooooh, slurpees! I want them all the time!
Symptoms: There are things I cannot share on this blog that I am experiencing. They are not fun. I guess if I think of symptoms, I would just say that I am feeling way pregnant in every possible way. And... I love it. :)
Best Moment This Week: I had my first baby shower! I must share pictures soon and I promise I will! The shower was thrown by a dear family friend, Suzy, and it was fabulous. Suzy and her husband, Mike, are like second parents to me-- I love them so much. I actually found out I was pregnant while I was up north at their cottage this summer. It killed me not to say anything, but I'm pretty sure they just knew. I don't hide things super well. Anyway, the shower was perfect and I can't wait to post about it. One of the best parts was that their daughter, Jesse, who is absolutely one of my favorite people on Earth, flew in from Denver to surprise me. It was the BEST BEST BEST! I can't wait to share more about it, but it was an amazing day. This baby is so loved by so many people!  

1 comment :

Katie said...

you are so funny, rach! i love reading your updates. yay for (maybe) having a name! it seems like the husband usually wins that battle - why is that? i guess the boy's excitement melts our hearts enough to win us over :) you are looking beautiful as ever! love you!