Monday, February 7, 2011

34 and 35 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 and 35 Weeks
Size of Baby: At 34 weeks, he weighed approximately 4 and 3/4 pounds, which is the size of your average cantaloupe. He was around 18 inches long. At 35 weeks, he is over 18 inches long and should weigh about 5 and 1/4 pounds, which is the size of a honeydew melon. I thought a cantaloupe was big, but now we're talking about a huge melon baby. I have this fear that I am going to birth a toddler sized baby and that fear has suddenly been made very real by the fact that I look a TON bigger in my 35 week picture.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 26 pounds. If I'm having a honeydew baby, shouldn't I only have gained about 6-7 pounds? Sounds fair to me!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants (other than yoga/sweat pants) and a mix of maternity/ non-maternity shirts. I live in my black GAP work pants and all sweat pants. I don't even care anymore!
Gender: Boy! My mom asked me if he had a name last night. Sorry, Mom. Nope. She did give me some good advice in that whatever we name him, he will become that name and we will love that. I need to stop stressing about the name.
Movement: I still love to feel him move! He is moving more slowly, but has been getting the hiccups a lot lately. I love when he gets them! Tyler got to feel his hiccups the other day and just laughed and laughed. It was great. :)
Sleep: My 3,000 pillows and I are having a great time at night. I've figured out that if I go to bed a little later (read: 10:00 as opposed to 9:00), I sleep better. What a concept!
What I Miss: I miss the days before I got pregnant when I thought I was fat but I actually wasn't.
Cravings: I do NOT like lunch meat. Not at all. However, last week I could have killed someone for a lunch meat sandwich. Didn't care what kind, I wanted it. I pacified myself by getting a chicken teriyaki sub for lunch instead. The man behind me was very sweet and was asking me about the baby and asked if I was craving anything specific. Bless his heart, I don't think he knew what to say when I told him I was craving FOOD. That was a great lunch because I got a free cookie for being 8 months pregnant. It was awesome. 
Symptoms: I'm having a lot of pain in certain areas. I am also dealing with a BEAST of a pinched nerve, which makes it hard to work but not impossible.
Best Moment This Week: During week 34, my in-laws came and my FIL painted the nursery! I love it soooo much. I can't wait to show you all the finished product. While he painted, my MIL and I did some projects around the house that I've been wanting to get down and Tyler's brother built us these amazing shelves in the basement. We had a wonderful time with them! They also brought their new schnoodle puppy, Gracie. She was DARLING. It was great to have them and we got so much accomplished. I am so lucky to have wonderful in-laws! During week 35, one of my best friends, Kate, threw me another beautiful shower in Michigan. She is such an amazing planner and great with details-- it was so beautiful and so fun to be with so many of my sweet friends from home! A few days later, I had my work shower and so many of my colleagues came to celebrate the baby. It was incredible and overwhelming in such a lovely way. I work with some amazing women who are so excited for us and to meet this baby. I will blog about the showers-- I WILL! I just have to gather some pictures. It might be after the baby is born, but I promise, it will get done! Thank you to all of you who attended and made me (and baby) feel so loved!  

3 comments :

meg said...

hi rach! can't believe the little guy is almost here! you look great with your honeydew under your shirt :) love ya!

Anonymous said...

just found your site. love the writing! you're a natural. you really do look radiant. do you worry about delivering such a big baby? i'm just a few weeks along. so excited but so scared. how did you decide to go 'natural'? wow. you are so brave. keep posting great things!

Kate Craig said...

there is a big difference in those pictures :)