Friday, February 11, 2011

36 Weeks



Please excuse my seemingly malformed stomach. The cardigan I was wearing had large buttons and makes it look like I'm going to birth a baby made of Legos. I'm going to need to think twice before wearing it again.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of Baby: He is gaining about an ounce per day and should be around 6 pounds. He is more than 18 1/2 inches long and is the approximate size of a crenshaw melon.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've not lost any weight. Can I just stick with that? I definitely gained between my 35-36 week appointments, but the doctor still swears that I'm on track and measuring well. Who am I to question a doctor? 
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants (other than yoga/sweat pants) and a mix of maternity/ non-maternity shirts. I have two pairs of work maternity pants and I obviously wear them a lot. On Tuesday, one of my sweet, sweet children said, "Ooooh, Mrs. Haney! You worse those pants yesterday!" Lovely of you to notice, sweetheart. You can't for the life of you remember where your Math paper goes, but you can remember what pants I wore yesterday. Children... God bless them.
 Gender: Boy. The Boy Without a Name. That will be the Lifetime movie that they will someday make about my son because he still has no name.
Movement: Still moving like crazy! Boy child HATES the doppler at the doctor's office. Have I said that already? He moves away from it every single time they try to find his heartbeat. My doctor said that's a good sign. I don't know why, but he said it.
Sleep: Eh, depends on the night. I only get up once to go to the bathroom, but sometimes I will wake up and my mind will just start racing with all I have to do before he gets here.
What I Miss: Clear skin. Pregnancy acne has not been good to me.
Cravings: I truly just crave food at this point, but sometimes, I'm just not hungry at all. Last night I ate a salad and Triscuits and cheese for dinner. Don't worry, I ate plenty and my baby did not go hungry. I actually could eat Triscuits and cheese at any point in the day.  
Symptoms: Lots of pain due to the fact that he is head down, but I'm not complaining! My back also hurts periodically due to my pinched nerve. It's all completely worth it, though.
Best Moment This Week: Tyler and I went on a little "babymoon" on Saturday night. We didn't want to go too far from home (just in case), so we headed out to our favorite bed and breakfast which is about 30 minutes from our house. We dropped our stuff off, went to dinner, and then came back and watched a movie. The next morning, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast, packed up and came home for a nice quiet afternoon. It was so nice to be with just my husband somewhere other than our house. When we are home, I am always doing something, cleaning something, getting ready for the baby, etc. It was great to just take some time to relax and talk. I really love that guy. He is going to be an incredible dad!

3 comments :

pkgormong said...

um how do you look so good and you are 36 weeks pregnant?! :) Man, I can't believe how close you are to birthing that little baby made of Legos:)!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

You look lovely. And I like the idea of the lego baby.

Gitz 'n Jo said...

it's almost embarrassing how hard i laughed once i saw the lego in the picture. you're a hoot.