Today is October 2, 2012 and Griffin is 18 months old.
I'm going to admit it right up front. Today we stayed in our pajamas all day long. I don't remember the last time we did that and it was glorious! It was a rainy, gloomy day and it felt good to just do nothing outside the house. We had a lot of fun and were super comfy all day. Griffin didn't seem to mind one bit! I started my day with one of my favorite mugs. When we were first married, we really didn't have many coffee mugs, so my parents gave us a few of their old ones. This one always makes me smile because not only does it remind me of my mom and dad, but it is so encouraging! Ha! How can you have a bad day when you're using this mug for your coffee (and pumpkin creamer)?
We played and played ALL day long. It was so fun. I let the chores go and just hung out with my boy. He rewarded his mother by taking a 2.5 hour nap which is highly abnormal. I'm saying that so that I don't jinx myself. I rewarded myself by relaxing on the couch and being sad about my ear infection. Somebody get me a violin, geez.
That was the gist of our day! We read, we laughed a lot, and we played. He was in a goofy, silly mood today and made me crack up multiple times today. He's such a funny little guy and a great dancer. I had Dancing with the Stars on in the background this morning, and when Melissa and Tony danced, he stopped and just boogied down. When their dance was finished, he kept signing, "more, more!" I rewinded it so many times, but it was totally worth it. He was just full of delight today. I think he's relieved to be feeling so much better after being sick last week.
There are two extra sweet things he's been doing lately. I realize that no one probably cares about these but me and the grandparents, so bear with me. My favorite things he's said lately are turkey, turtle, and Tokyo. He says Tokyo because that's where his Papa is right now. He enunciates his T's so clearly and they are SO sweet. I'll try to get a video.
He's also been saying "AAAAAAMEN" at the end of every prayer. He always wants to hold hands when we pray for meals and he has begun saying "AAAAAMEN" before Tyler or I can say it at the end of the prayer, but totally at the appropriate time. Such a sweet little smart guy. I love when he says it!
Now my little critter is in bed, and I'm about to pull dinner out of the oven. On the menu for tonight are individual margherita pizzas! Here they are before I put them in the oven.
Here's how I make them: I spread pesto (I actually made and froze this pesto from basil I grew this summer!) on a fresh (not frozen) whole wheat naan from Trader Joe's. I layer thinly sliced mozzarella and thinly sliced tomatoes on top. Then I sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Bake them for 10-15 minutes on 425 and you've got a delicious dinner! This is one of my favorites, especially with fresh pesto. YUM.
I'm thankful for a quiet, easy day with my small one. They aren't too common around these parts, so I'm glad when they come. Happy Tuesday!
Previous 31 Days Posts






4 comments :
hope you start feeling better soon!!! i can always tell what kind of week we're having by the laundry i'm doing. if it's full of jammies...i know we've basically been bums all week. if it's got some "regular clothes" in the mix then i can tell we've at least been out of the house (or car) once or twice - ha! ;)
It makes me SO happy to see that Griffin napped for you. I was thinking about you earlier today and hoping you were getting rest and I prayed that he would gift you a great, big nap. Love the picture of him biting your shirt, such a silly head! Mail me some of that pesto (or drive it on over to Georgia) and feel better fast!
that sounds like my idea of a perfect day :) and yay griffin for the awesome nap!
I hope you feel better soon. So glad that Griffy gave you a good nap today. :)
Post a Comment