Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Haney Life :: Day 4

If you're unfamiliar with my 31 Days topic, please take a moment and visit this post.

Today is October 4, 2012 and Griffin is 18 months old

We had a very average, normal day today. A lot of our days are like this, I'm finding, but I love the normalcy of life. The highlights of our day included a haircut for Griffin, a special lunch, and playing at the park.

Griffin typically HATES getting his haircut. He had haircut number 8 today-- yes, I said EIGHT-- and he's screamed bloody murder for the last five. It's never pleasant. Usually I take back up because he thrashes around so violently. I even take him to one of those fun children's haircut places even though it's 20 minutes away! I try to make EVERYTHING fun, you know? But he just really hates getting his hair cut.

Today, he really needed a trim before the weekend, and I knew there was no way that Ty could go with us, so I decided to buck up and take Screamer by myself. Imagine my shock when I gave him a lolly pop, stuck him in the "car" (a plastic seat shaped like a car), and put Super Why on the little television-- all things I have done before, mind you!-- and he sat there like a little angel the whole time. He didn't shed ONE TEAR! The sweet woman cutting his hair probably thought I was crazy because I took approximately one thousand pictures of him being cute and happy. I also kept squealing about how proud I was. I probably needed an intervention of sorts.

Oh, he was the SWEETEST. As a reward, we walked over to Panera where we picked up some lunch to go. The baby deserved a macaroni and cheese and boy, did he enjoy it! His mother also might have enjoyed a few bites in addition to her soup and panini. Maybe. Buddy man knows a good thing when he tastes it! What do they put in that macaroni anyway? SO GOOD and only about 1,324 calories per bite.

I was able to both relax and get some things done around the house during nap time. Those are my second favorite kinds of nap time. My first favorite is when I actually get to nap as well. There was no time for that today! After Griffin's nap, we went to a park a few blocks away that we've never actually been to. That's kind of shameful. It's not a huge park, but Griffin LOVED it. I loved it because he had so much fun. There were lots of places to play and lots of room to run. We will definitely be back soon! I just can't believe my baby is old enough to play (assisted) on playground equipment. SO SAD. But how funny is he on that dinosaur?? This picture makes me laugh!

Tonight was taco night and then my sweet husband sent me for a manicure since I was on sick Mom duty for three days this week. Good man. I now have a pretty fall color and I'm ready for the weekend! Oh, and since I know you're all wondering, my ear is feeling a little better today. Praise be to God. Maybe I'll wake up feeling 100% tomorrow!

Can't wait for Parks and Rec tonight! TREAT YOSELF. Best show on television. Happy Thursday!

Previous 31 Days Posts

31 Days of Haney Life :: Day 1

31 Days of Haney Life :: Day 2

31 Days of Haney Life :: Day 3

 


2 comments :

Sarah said...

Cute boy! You feeling better??

Amy said...

love these pictures!!! and can G please give laylay some of his hair growing tricks? her hair is nonexistent. unless you count the nice billy ray mullet in the back. yikes!