One of my favorite friends,
Sarah, has been hosting a blog linkup called "The Proof is in the Pin". Basically, it's a way to be accountable for trying your pins! This is something I really need. I love me some Pinterest and always have every intention of doing my pins, but life gets in the way. I have three pins today that I completed and SURPRISE OF ALL SUPRISES, they are food pins. Try to pick your jaw up off the floor.
Pin #1-- Feta Dip
This dip is insanely good. It couldn't be easier to throw together before a party and it's always a crowd pleaser. I made it several times last winter for different parties, but forgot about it until a few days ago. We were visiting my family this weekend, and I made it for a football gathering on Saturday night and a mini-Thanksgiving meal on Sunday night. It was a huge hit both nights! I think we're going to grill some Greek marinated chicken breasts and serve this on top of them for supper soon-- kind of a Greek bruschetta chicken. The only thing I do differently is I don't crumble the entire block of feta into the dip-- only about 3/4 of the block. Yum!
Pin #2-- Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sandwiches
image via
These sandwiches are from my very favorite food blog. I really like Crist and Tina as people and dang, can they cook and bake. When I'm meal planning, I usually check their blog archives first. This recipe was no exception. These meatballs are easy and perfect! I used mild buffalo sauce and left the sauce out of the meatball mixture so Griffin could have some before I tossed them in the hot sauce. He liked them a lot! We ate them on a bake yourself Kroger multigrain baguette (per Tina's instructions) and we couldn't get enough of them. I usually hate leftovers, but I devoured these the next day. Make the blue cheese dressing yourself-- it's easy and delicious. I served these with sweet potato fries. Well done, ladies!
Pin #3-- Oven Baked Hardboiled Eggs
I make these exactly how she suggests and I don't think I'll ever boil eggs on my stove again (unless I'm in a pinch). Sure, baking them takes a little longer, but I've found it's much more foolproof. I've never had an egg crack in my oven and I do this a lot. Watch, I'll have one break today. We really love hardboiled eggs here as snacks, in egg salad, on our green salads, etc., so this is an easy way to have a bunch on hand at once! Eggs are a great source of protein and I usually will eat one in some form before I go exercise!
Thanks for the fun linkup, Sarah! Happy Tuesday, friends!

5 comments :
OOOH Thanks for sharing these! My husband and I were both talking about how we need to use the crockpot for dinners more often and these all sound like winners- especially the cube steak and carnitas!
Ooh, yay, can't wait to try these recipes! I have not been crockpotting enough lately! I got back into it and then got in a crockpot rut. Thank you for sharing!
I've seen the hard-boiled egg/oven thing on pinterest as well but have been leery...so glad to find someone who tried it and posted good reviews. Thanks!!! :)
I am glad you tried the baked eggs and had success! I simply LOVE eggs cooked this way and will never go back to boiling. If you are in a pinch and only need a few eggs, you should try steaming them. Here is a link to that post...
http://greetingsfromtheasylum.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-am-steamed.html
Again, thanks for visiting my blog!
I cannot wait to try all of these! And the hard boiled eggs thing? LIFE.CHANGING. Cannot wait to try this!! Thanks for linking up sweets...sorry I'm just now getting around to commenting! You know I love you!! :) xo
Post a Comment