I, for one, am glad that it's over. Even though there are still plenty of angry people, I think there are a lot of proud people, too. I'm one of them, even though the candidate I prefer didn't win. I'm proud to live in a country where we can vote on a President every four years. I'm especially proud to live in a country where men and women have fought to defend my freedom over hundreds of years. Two of my best friends have had loved ones serve overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq, and I was able to see firsthand some of the sacrifices these brave men and women make for our country.
Tomorrow, Sunday, November 11, is Veteran's Day. Shutterfly is running a great campaign on Facebook to send a card to the troops to thank them. When you click here, you can choose from one of four great cards to send to one of our soldiers. It literally took me two minutes and I'm thankful I could do something small and simple to thank one of them.
If you can, take a few minutes today to say thank you. I promise that it will be worth your time! If you have a family member in the service, please know how grateful my family is to your soldier and your family. We do not take them or their great service for granted!
**Although Shutterfly did compensate me for this post, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.


No comments :
Post a Comment