This earth is full of turmoil, devastation, evil, sorrow... and the list goes on and on. It wasn't meant to be like that, but thanks to sin, it is.
I remember reading something awhile back that Melissa Fitzpatrick (Beth Moore's daughter) said. She said, "I think He knows that it's hard to be us."
I think He does, too. He knows and He aches for us. In Romans 8:26, it says, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." Sometimes our pain is so deep that we don't even know what to pray, but He knows. The Holy Spirit knows.
I am not an eloquent writer and I don't post all that frequently on my blog, but if there is anything that I can tell you, it is that Jesus is it, my friends.
He is EVERYTHING.
Today we remember Good Friday when Jesus took that cross to take our sins, our pain, and our sorrow. Today we remember the day that He killed death and gave us the opportunity to have eternal hope. Today we remember that God sent his one and only son to die a horrific and painful death so that we can have hope! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't sacrifice Griffin for anyone. I'm glad I'm not God.
My pastor often says that our biggest problem has been solved. That problem was solved in three days and it started with Good Friday.
In the midst of heartache, it is my prayer that you can cling to the hope that is Jesus Christ. He died on the cross so that right smack in the middle of sorrow and devastation, you can have the hope of eternal life with Him. As I have walked through trials, I am learning that I need to cling to that light that is coming.
This earth is not my home because Jesus conquered death. The cross was enough and I am overcome with thankfulness!
If you have any questions about Jesus, I am NO expert, but I would be ever so happy to tell you what I know about Him. Life is hard, but Jesus is good. He is so, so good.
This is one of my very favorite songs. It nearly drives me to my knees every time I hear it. I hope that it speaks to you today and that it awakes your soul to sing of Him who died for YOU! Thank you, Jesus. You are all!
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

2 comments :
Amen!!! Amen amen!!! Love this so much!
Yes! Amen! I have been made so much more aware of His strength through my weaknesses over the last year. Praising him today (and everyday)! Love this post
Post a Comment