Wednesday, August 7, 2013

15 Weeks

It's that time again!

Time for weekly pregnancy updates! Woo! I know you're thrilled.

When I told Tyler that he got to start taking these pictures again, you would've thought I told him that he was going to have to deliver this baby in January.

"WHAT?? NO!! Take mirror pictures! (Those would be selfies; he's not up on his social media lingo.) I can't do this again. Last time, you made me take about 50 pictures every time. It was HORRIBLE. It's been three years and I still haven't forgotten!"

Now to his credit, he's partially right. I did make him take a ton of pictures every week and usually, it was before I went to work in the morning and I was usually running late so I was a little more snippy than usual. But again, I feel like since I've done/am doing the hardest part of this baby thing, he can deal and take a few pictures every week. Am I right?

I did fear for our marriage a few times when I was pregnant with Griffin and 99% of that was due to these pictures. I would say I broke down in tears after about half of those photography "sessions". I was nothing if not a rational flower while pregnant the first time. So, pray for us. Hopefully this time around will be different and if not, we are taking donations for some good marriage counseling. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

So, with that, here we go!


How Far Along: 15 weeks (I'm a week behind on my updates)

Size of Baby: Baby H2 is about 4 inches long, 2.5 oz, and is approximately the size of an apple.

Total Weight Gain: At my last appointment, I'd gained 4 ounces. I'm quite sure the scale will have increased quite a bit at my appointment today. At least my pants and pictures tell me so. I was so much smaller last time; it's actually astonishing how much bigger I am. 

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. I'm hoping to get through the rest of the summer without having to buy any maternity shorts and I think I'll be good with dresses and maxi skirts and a few select pairs of shorts.

Gender: Unknown. We will find out right around 20 weeks! I can't wait! 

Movement: I think I felt something as I was lying in bed on August 2, but it was only once, so I can't be sure. 

Sleep: I had a terrible time sleeping during my first trimester. I was so tired during the day and then I was wide awake at night. It's been a bit better lately. I find that if I do a lot during the day and don't lie down at all, I sleep better. ROCKET SCIENCE, I tell you. I never, ever sleep through the night, but I haven't slept through the night in years, so that's nothing new. 

What I Miss: Honestly, nothing at the moment. I'm so, so grateful to be pregnant that I haven't actively missed anything at this point. God has truly made beauty out of ashes for us with this pregnancy! 

Cravings: Dr. Pepper. I wake up thinking about it in the morning and I savor each sip. SO GOOD. I didn't drink caffeine during my first 13 weeks, but on the way home from my 13 week appointment, I made Tyler stop at McDonald's and pick up a DP. It was heavenly. 

Symptoms: I'm still throwing up. Usually, it's because I haven't eaten in a few hours, but sometimes, it just is because I have all day sickness when I'm pregnant. I know it won't be forever, so I really don't mind. I know I'm hungry if I'm nauseous. I haven't been as sick this pregnancy, but I've been sicker longer. 

Best Moment This Week: Every time we ask Griffin what we should name the baby, he responds with Baby Dr. Hofmann. Dr. Hofmann is one of my doctors and although we love him, I don't think we'll be naming the baby after him. 

That's it for this week. We're off to the doctor today and I'm so excited to hear that sweet little heartbeat again! 

6 comments :

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

You look SO good!! Just beautiful!

Sarah said...

Cute mama! And DP lovers unite!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! You look great. So excited for you!!

Kate Craig said...

Same problem over here! I've been using a tripod and camera timer this time :) I'm so impressed with your attitude about being sick! And CONGRATULATIONS!

Laura said...

Looking good, friend! I used a tripod most of the 2nd pregnancy so I didn't have to deal with the dreaded husband eye roll. Ha!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.