Friday, August 2, 2013

Five on Friday!

Today I'm linking up today with Darci, Natasha, and the girls for Five on Friday!


1. Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your sweet comments, tweets, texts, etc. about our new addition coming in January! We are over the moon excited! After a long journey, it still feels very surreal to be pregnant. I have never been so thankful to be nauseous every single day. I plan to write a post next week about this pregnancy and I am going to do weekly pregnancy updates... I just have to get my rear in gear! But again, thank you for all of your kind words. It was so fun for me to share this joy with everyone after 13 weeks of silence! This is the only bump picture I've taken so far. I was almost 14 weeks. Whoa, baby.



2. Sweet Tea

I really, really love sweet tea. I happen to think McDonald's is the best "fast food" sweet tea and I love getting a large $1 tea and sipping on it all day. Recently, I saw a recipe on Pinterest for it that I intended to try. A few days later, I was texting with my friends Hillary and Ashley and if you must know, we were texting each other pictures of the insides of our refrigerators. Ashley had a pitcher of tea which reminded me of my pin. I shared it with her, she made it, and said that it was perfect. I made a pitcher the next day and she was right! This is SUCH an easy "recipe" and it has a secret ingredient that makes the tea so smooth and not at all bitter. Tyler and I have been loving having a big pitcher of it in the fridge! It makes a full gallon, so be sure you have an appropriately sized pitcher. And of course, sweet tea is always best served in a mason jar.



3. Birthday Weekend

Today kicks off my birthday weekend! On Sunday, I will turn the big 2-8. It makes my chest constrict to think that I'm two years of from thirty, but we won't talk about that. We really don't have any big plans for the weekend (we're going out next weekend for a birthday date), but I'm looking forward to some low key fun with my guys. I'm hoping for donuts, a family swim, maybe a trip to the bookstore, a steak dinner, and lunch at Chuy's on Sunday. 

A little known blog fact about me is that our 6th anniversary is on Sunday as well! Yes, we got married on my 22nd birthday. It was, quite literally, the only day that worked that summer. We recently decided that we're going to start celebrating our anniversary a month later so we can have separate celebrations and I am just fine with that! Tyler knows that anniversary + birthday does not equal one gift, unless it's something fabulous like a car or a vacation. Am I right? ;) 

And just for fun, here are a few little birthday pretties that I'm hoping for this year... 





4. Fresh Prince 

Please tell me you've seen this. If you haven't, stop what you're doing and watch. It's Will Smith with his son, Jazzy Jeff, and a special appearance by Carlton! It will make your day, I promise! I watch it a lot and it always puts a huge smile on my face and makes me laugh out loud. I love Will Smith a strange amount. I want to shrink him down and put him in my pocket. This video is PURE GOLD.


5. Keep Some Room

I saw this on Pinterest recently and it really resonated with me. Sometimes life is hard and sometimes it seems like things will never turn out the way you hope. I'm living proof of that, but I'm also living proof of the fact that God's plans are so much better than mine, even when there's pain along the way. God can do way more than we ever imagine or dream and I think this little saying goes right along with that. I need to find a place in my home to keep this quote... just so I don't forget in the good and bad moments. 


Happy Friday, friends!

2 comments :

Jen {Pinch Me} said...

Happy Birthday weekend!
I will be trying the sweet tea recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was a Chuy's in Cincinnati. I MUST try it!