Friday, August 30, 2013

18 Weeks

18 Weeks
August 21, 2013- August 27, 2013


How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby H2 is roughly 5.5 inches from head to rump and weighs in at about 7 ounces. It's the size of a bell pepper, which is appropriate because Griffin loves peppers! 

Total Weight Gain: I haven't been getting on the scaled; we'll see what they say at the doctor! 

Maternity Clothes: Not yet! I refuse to buy summer maternity clothes since I won't wear them much longer. I need to dig out my fall stuff from the attic! 

Gender: We don't know! Actually, we do know because this is late and we had an appointment, but for records sake, we didn't know during my 18th week. 

Movement: Still feeling those butterflies in my lower belly! It's mostly when I'm resting and looking for it. I love it so much! 

Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss for me right now. Luckily, Griffin sleeps a little later in the morning and I can catch up that way if I need to. 

What I Miss: Clear skin. My skin is so, so bad. 

Cravings: Bean burritos-- yum, yum, yum! Taco Bell's are the very best and I always ask for extra cheese, but I can get by with making them at home. 

Symptoms: My nausea is practically gone, which makes me so thankful! However, I still cannot stomach even the thought of a hamburger. Gag. I'm sure if I ate one, it would reappear rather quickly. My belly is pretty itchy already; I need to start slathering on more lotion! I'm not really worried about stretch marks because I had surgery this spring that pretty much ensured I will never wear a bikini again, no matter what size I am! It's one pieces and tankinis for this mama from now on! 

Best Moment this Week: I was at Target and grabbed these two little sweater rompers for our little peanut. I couldn't resist! Either one will be perfect for a little January baby. I haven't bought anything for the baby yet (save one gender neutral sleeper set when I thought I might be pregnant); I still can't believe I'm buying things for our second child! Thank you, Lord! 


1 comment :

Catie said...

Such cute outfits! I'm due January 21 and just found out I'm having a boy!