Wednesday, September 4, 2013

19 Weeks

19 Weeks
August 28, 2013- September 3, 2013


How Far Along: 19 weeks! 

Size of Baby: According to our anatomy scan, the baby is 9 ounces and 9 inches total! Baby Center says that it's the size of an heirloom tomato. Yum. I love tomatoes.

Total Weight Gain: I've put on 3 more pounds for a total of 9 pounds. Big mama coming through!

Maternity Clothes: Yesterday, on the last day of my 19th week, I gave in to the glory that is maternity jeans and tops. I have no idea why I waited so long! I forgot how much I love maternity jeans. All jeans should really come with an elastic waistband of sorts.

Gender: We're having a baby GIRL!!! 

Movement: I'm definitely feeling her a lot more, but primarily at night. Sometimes it still feels like a butterfly and sometimes it feels like little kicks and punches. It's the best!

Sleep: Again, it's hit or miss. It seems like I'll sleep well for a few days and then have a few days of being up for a few hours. 

What I Miss: Nothing this week! It was a great week!

Cravings: I have craved soup this entire pregnancy, even on 95 degree days. I could eat a cup of soup at every single meal! I hope this continues into the fall because it will make dinner really easy. 

Symptoms: I didn't throw up this week! Hooray! My skin is still pretty bad; I haven't seemed to be able to find anything that works for me. I'm also much more hormonal this time around. I was fairly normal during my pregnancy with Griffin, but I seriously feel like a raging monster some days (most days). I cry at everything and I'm not the most pleasant person. Is this because I'm having a girl? I can't figure it out. 

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out that we were having a girl last Wednesday was definitely the highlight of the week! I'm still in shock that we're going to have a daughter. What joy! Bless her heart; she's got a lot of years ahead of her to deal with her crazy mama! 


2 comments :

In This Wonderful Life said...

you look great, lady!!

I bet the crying stuff has a lot to do with it being a girl! DOUBLE lady hormones going on. Sometimes we can be cray bc of those things, haha

Kristin DeYoung said...

Congrats on your girl coming soon - you look beautiful as always!!!!