1. Preschool!
I can't believe it, but my big boy starts preschool bright and early on Monday! He's going twice a week for 2.5 hours. It's the perfect set-up for us both! It gives me a few months to get stuff done and go to appointments on my own and then it will give me a few months of some alone time with baby sister. Tyler and I attended his orientation this week and we both feel so much peace about his class and his sweet teachers. I just can't believe that he's old enough to be going to preschool! Time really does fly when you're having fun... and disciplining a toddler. Here he is doing his first "homework assignment" which was an About Me paper. When I asked him some questions to be sure I knew what he liked, the favorite food portion went something like this:
Me: Griffin, what do you like to eat?
Griffin: Food! And paper.
Okay then.
We went to meet the teacher yesterday morning and he had the best time! When we left he asked to "go to school more", so I'm hoping that means I won't be prying him off my leg on Monday. He decorated his homework with some stickers and was very proud of how it turned out!
My sweet, big boy. Where does the time go??
2. Sparkling Grapefruit Izze
Obviously, I haven't been indulging in any summer cocktails this year. While it's totally worth it, I do miss having a glass of wine while I cook dinner. I discovered these sparkling grapefruit Izze beverages and they are delicious! I love citrus and so they're perfect for me to sip on any time of the day. I've tried some other flavors and the grapefruit is definitely my favorite so far. It's a perfect "mocktail" for me!
3. Fall, Fall, Fall!
As much as I'm painfully ready for fall to be here, the temps are still in the 80's during the day which makes it hard to feel like the leaves are getting ready to change. The mornings have been delightfully cool, but by lunchtime, it's sweltering. I popped into Bath and Body Works for some gifts this morning and came out with a few fall candles; I couldn't resist! My very favorite scent that I bought was an Autumn Day candle. I can't wait for the first cool day so I can bust it out! The Blueberry Pumpkin Patch and the Cider Donut candle are on my list for my next trip. Oh, and while I was there, a representative from the BBW home office asked me some questions about a new product line and then rewarded me with a gift card! Such a fun surprise!
4. Popcorn Night
When Griffin and I find ourselves with a night alone, one thing we love to do is pop some popcorn in our Whirly Pop and watch a movie. Nine out of ten times, his choice is Finding Nemo, but last night we borrowed Ratatouille from the library. He didn't love it as much as I did, but we still had a good time snuggling and chowing down on popcorn! I know these are the moments I'll remember when he's 15 and wondering where my baby went.
5. A deer for little sister
If you know me well, you know that deer are my favorite animal. Not to KILL and EAT, but to gaze upon. I don't eat venison. Not now, not ever. Anyway, I stumbled upon this precious little outfit yesterday at the mall and I immediately texted my friends because I knew they'd love it as much as I did! Maybe I'll finally have someone who appreciates deer like I do! One can only hope. :)
Happy Friday, friends!








No comments :
Post a Comment