21 Weeks
September 11, 2013- September 17, 2013
How far along: 21 weeks
Size of Baby: She weighs about 3/4 of a pound and is 10.5 inches long. She's the size of a carrot and that's a good thing because I do love carrots!
Total Weight Gain: I had to go to a non-OB appointment on Friday and I'm up 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Grow, grow, grow!
Maternity Clothes: I'm only wearing maternity pants, yoga pants, and running shorts. Comfort is key! I'm still in some non-maternity tops, but I've found a few simple maternity t-shirts and long sleeved maternity shirts at Target lately that are good, solid colored basics.
Gender: Our little girl child!
Movement: I primarily feel her in the morning and in the evening. I've felt her a few times when I've put my hand on my belly, but she usually stops moving immediately when I do that. Stinker! I feel her mostly on my right side. She's definitely getting bigger and her kicks are getting stronger!
Sleep: I'm sleeping well!
What I Miss: My belly is a different shape this time. It kind of has this weird indentation that I didn't have with Griffin. I had some surgery in the spring, so maybe that has something to do with it? So, if I had to say something, I would say I miss my round Griffin pregnancy belly. ;)
Cravings: Oh my. Let me tell you something. Thanks to my friend Meme, I found these mini pumpkin pies at Trader Joe's. They are the most delicious things I've ever had. I've been saving my last few for the season finale of Big Brother, but I've thought about them every single day since I picked them up on Monday. So... two days? Ha! Also, donuts. I could eat 5 donuts a day, but I usually have zero. Sad.
Symptoms: I did get a little nauseated a few times this week, but I think it was a fluke. I finally saw a dermatologist for my acne and she gave me some stuff that is pregnancy safe. I have a follow-up with her in a few months, but I've already seen a small improvement. I'm really hoping it continues because Poison Ivy Face here isn't the most attractive.
Best Moment of the Week: We went and looked at double strollers on Saturday. I'm pretty sure Tyler's heart stopped when he realized how much they can cost. Bless him. Griffin loved "test driving" the strollers, though! He's going to be such a good big brother. It was also my first experience at Buy Buy Baby. It was a little overwhelming! I need to go back when Griffin's at school and I can browse a little bit. I just love looking at stuff that we need for our second baby. I'm still so, so thankful that God has blessed us with this little love!
Also, if you have double stroller recommendations, leave them here! We're looking at the City Select with the extra seat right now, but I'm definitely open to other options. We need something that works with our Graco Snugride baby seat. We've loved our single BOB and are planning on keeping that, but I need something that's a little less... massive... for our everyday stroller. Let me hear what you think!


1 comment :
You look so cute, Rachel!! Congrats on your baby girl! :)
Post a Comment