Today, I decided to be a little bit selfish. Griffin has school this morning and I knew I would have to put him in after care because I have a doctor's appointment that will run a little later. I also knew I wouldn't have much time to run home between dropping him at school and my appointment.
I decided to come to Starbucks at the mall, do a little work and blog, and then grab a new candle and some soap from Bath and Body Works.
In short, I decided to intentionally take sometime for me which isn't something I typically do.
Sure, I spend a lot of time sitting on the couch and playing with my phone when I should be folding laundry, washing bathrooms, etc. I take a lot of wasted time for myself, but not a lot of intentional time.
I'm not breaking the bank with this. I got a coffee and a piece of banana bread and I'm soon to go grab a few new fall happies. But it's nothing extravagant and I already feel recharged and ready for the day ahead of me.
I know I need to enjoy these times while I have them because come January, I'll have a little constant sidekick again. Please hear me say that I wouldn't have it any other way. This baby girl is so longed for, waited for, prayed for, and I can't wait to have her as a part of our family. But it's okay for me to enjoy this quiet time, too.
The highlight of my Starbucks trip? Seeing these three ladies sitting and talking while playing Skip-Bo. I hope I'm doing the same thing in fifty years with my girlfriends.
And just because I can't resist, here's my handsome boy ready for Picture Day at school. Can you even handle it? He's just the sweetest, most ornery little thing. I love him to bits.
I'm off to find a Cider Donut candle! Wish me luck!
This is the third post in my 31 Days of Being Imperfectly Intentional series.




2 comments :
Good for you for doing something for YOU! Sometimes that is very needed. I love those sweet old ladies and that handsome boy :)
And MMMM! The Cider Donut candle is my favorite this fall!
Mmm, that sounds heavenly--the intentional time AND the coffee. ;) So many Moms have told me to practice that, to once in awhile do a little something for me. I have yet to take that advice, but your post has inspired me!
I found your blog because we had "being a wife" in common. It was such a pleasure to stop by!
Post a Comment