Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5 :: Quality Time

Saturdays are my favorite days. I look forward to having a day with Tyler and Griffin and not having to worry about getting a million things done.

Tyler had some yard work to get done so he suggested I take Griffin to do something. Otherwise, he'd just be crying at the door to go be with Daddy. 

We got dressed and headed to a park that's a little bit further from our house but a whole lot more fun than our neighborhood one. I kept my car keys and my phone with me, but I really focused on spending the whole time just playing with Griffin which is something I don't do a whole lot.

Since I've been pregnant, I've mostly sat and watched him play, but today I really got up and ran around with him. We had the best time! 



We even tried a big swing for the first time and Griffin did so well! I think his mother was more frightened of him falling off than he was. He loved it and laughed and laughed. We both sat on our own swing for a long time and it was just a really sweet time. He sang and laughed and talked to me. My baby really is growing up! 

After our park date, we headed to Target for a few things. We didn't spend a ton of time there, but we did decide that it would be best to share a popcorn. I didn't get as much as a certain young man who was sitting in the buggy, but that's just fine with me. 


When we got home, we ate lunch and then we baked cookies for an event at church tonight. I know I've mentioned it before, but Griffin loves to help me bake and cook. I can't do either when he's awake unless I can give him something to do. He especially loves my KitchenAid mixer.

Today, we made these cookies and they are delicious! It's a good thing we have to take them to church tonight. Otherwise, they might already be gone. Griffin wasn't so interested in the mixing part today; he was much more enthralled by the cookie mix-ins.


You're probably wondering how any of this was intentional. I'll be perfectly honest with you. In the last 9ish months, I've been a very distracted woman and a very distracted mama. Today, I tried my best to be as undistracted as possible. I put down my phone and focused 100% on Griffin and we had the most wonderful time together. 

We had a fun day without the interruptions of school, chores, my phone, or many commitments. I've been noticing the last few months how Griffin just comes alive when we focus completely on him without distractions. I think so many people are like that; we just like to be loved and paid attention by the ones we love. 

It was a great morning of intentional one-on-one time with my best little man. I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday!


This is the fifth post in my 31 Days of Being Imperfectly Intentional series. 

No comments :