Tuesday, November 5, 2013

27 Weeks

27 Weeks
October 23, 2013- October 29, 2013


How Far Along: 27 weeks

Size of Baby: She weighs nearly 2 pounds and is about 14.5 inches long if her legs are extended. Baby Center compares her to a head of cauliflower. Not my favorite vegetable, but I guess I like it now!

Total Weight Gain: Still gaining, but since I don't get on my scale at home, I'm not sure how much. I'll have another appointment in a few weeks, so we'll see how many pounds I've packed on then!

Maternity Clothes: Yes. I wore the dress above to a wedding reception and loved it; it was so soft and comfortable! It's so nice not to have to wear Spanx for 9 months. I was dreading wearing maternity tights, but it really wasn't so bad! 

Gender: Girl! There's a lot of pink entering our house slowly but surely.

Movement: I still feel her every day and mostly at night. I can usually get her to move if I lie down on my side or lean back on the couch. No specific pattern of movement yet. 

Sleep: I've been sleeping like a LOG. It's been wonderful! I always wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom when I'm not pregnant, but I haven't even been waking up for that lately. I'm just so tired that I just pass out. You won't hear me complaining!

What I Miss: Nyquil. I had a monster cold this week and I would've done just about anything for some heavy duty cold medicine. I can't take anything with Tylenol because I'm allergic to acetaminophen. 

Cravings: Candy. I've been really into milk chocolate lately. Good thing I passed my glucose test!

Symptoms: I used to have really good bladder control. I think we should just leave it at that. 

Best Moment of the Week: My parents came into town for a few days and my mom and I tackled our attic. I'm really starting to get into the swing of nesting and thanks to her expert help, I was able to donate and consign box after box of stuff we didn't need from our attic. It was fun to dig out the baby gear and think that it will all be back in use soon! My parents also brought my brother's old bunk beds that will be going in Griffin's big boy room! I'm so excited to finish switching Griffin from his nursery to his new room to make room for his sister. 

And just for a little comparison, I'm 27 weeks with Griffin on the left and 27 weeks with Baby Girl on the right. I would say the bumps are pretty comparable!



No comments :