Wednesday, November 6, 2013

28 Weeks

28 Weeks
October 30, 2013- November 5, 2013


How Far Along: 28 weeks

Size of Baby: She weighs about 2 1/4 pounds and is approximately 15 inches from head to heel. That's the size of a large eggplant, but I will tell you, it feels A LOT bigger!

Total Weight Gain: Not sure, but I'm afraid the floor is going to start shaking when I walk. Here comes Big Mama; get out the way. 

Maternity Clothes: I will be in maternity pants and leggings for months to come... even post baby. I can assure you. I'm in a mix of maternity shirts and non-maternity shirts. My biggest problem with non maternity shirts is length. 

Gender: Girl! My dad started calling her Bubbles and so Griffin has started calling her that as well. So sweet!

Movement: I've noticed that her movements have slowed down a little bit. They just don't feel as fast and jerky as they have been, but I'm sure things are getting a bit more snug in there. Slow down, sister; you still have 12 weeks to go!

Sleep: I've slept fairly well this week, but have definitely had a few lengthy sessions of being wide awake in the middle of the night. My head cold hasn't helped me in the area of sleep either. 

What I Miss: Cold medicine (still). Clear skin (still). 

Cravings: Yogurt and my morning cup of coffee. I rarely drink an entire cup, but it really helps me get going in the morning. I still crave bean burritos from Taco Bell... Every. Single. Day.

Symptoms: I've started having occasional heartburn at night when I go to bed and it is no joke. I really feel for you mamas who suffer from it your entire pregnancies. It's awful. I've also noticed that I've been so much more sore this time around. When I was pregnant with Griffin, I felt really good. I had tons of energy and felt amazing. This time? I just kind of ache all over and am constantly tired. I don't know if it's just that I'm 3 years older or that I'm caring for a toddler, but... ouch. However, I would do this for one million weeks for our girl. Totally worth it!

Best Moment of the Week: I've had this awful head cold for the better part of almost two weeks now, so we haven't been doing much. Tonight, we took advantage of a beautiful night and when Tyler got home from work, we headed to one of our favorite parks to walk. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but we walked, Tyler pushed Griffin on the swing, looked at the gorgeous trees, watched an amazing sunset and talked. These moments with my guys are one of my very favorite parts of life and to top it off, it's so wonderful to think that we'll have our sweet girl with us next fall! I'm so incredibly grateful. After a tiring week, it was just good to do something relaxing as a family. 



3 comments :

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

You look SO beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

You look so great every week!

Kate Craig said...

I love that color on you! I keep hearing from my friends that baby 2 feels way worse on your body, especially when they're close together. It has definitely been true for me! If you keep having heartburn, seriously talk to your doc. With Kylie I didn't know I could take more than Tums and didn't talk to my doc until after I'd been miserable for months!