Friday, November 22, 2013

30 Weeks

30 Weeks
November 13, 2013- November 19, 2013


How Far Along: 30 weeks

Size of Baby: She's nearly 16 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds. That's the size of a head of cabbage. I can really feel her getting better; her kicks and rolls are getting stronger and more powerful. I love this stage!

Total Weight Gain: Not sure. We'll see at my appointment!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I happened to throw on my Old Navy maternity skinnies from last pregnancy that are a full panel jean. I am just not a fan of ON maternity full panel pants; the panel only comes up halfway over my belly and it's not comfortable. I have been loving my Jessica Simpson skinnies from Destination Maternity. I will miss them come January!

Gender: Our little lady!

Movement: She's still the craziest at night when I go to bed. I feel her pretty regularly in the morning until about 10 minutes after I've finished my cup of coffee. She was going CRAZY for Tyler this week! She was rolling around and kicking his hand. His reaction was priceless. I think he'd forgotten how amazing it is to feel your child do that as it's been three years for us. We love this wild child so much already!

Sleep: Truly, I can't complain. I'm sleeping pretty well for someone in her third trimester. I'm not routinely waking up for hours on end and I wake up in the morning feeling fairly rested. I'm exhausted by 2:00 every day, but I don't think that has anything to do with how much I'm sleeping.

What I Miss: Nothing pops out this week! I'm trying to really soak up this pregnancy.

Cravings: Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. I could still eat a bean burrito from Taco Bell every single day!

Symptoms: Acne. I'm also to the point where going up the stairs makes me winded as heck. I have to go incredibly slow and if I don't, I actually have to sit down and catch my breath for a minute or two. I've been sending Tyler upstairs for most things when he's home and he's been such a trooper. I'm just running out of air!

Best Moment of the Week: Tyler was gone a lot this fall. I did a lot of single parenting and it was a tough few months. When he's gone, it's all me all the time. I don't have a nanny or any of our parents to help so it gets tiring and overwhelming. While he was gone, he booked me a "Mom to Be Maternity Package" at a local spa and I finally cashed in on it this week. I had a lovely maternity massage and a spa pedicure. It was a GLORIOUS three hours. I loved every minute of it!! I didn't do anything like that during my first pregnancy, so I appreciated it more than you know. I was so thankful for Tyler's thoughtfulness in insisting that I take some time to relax. I even got to lie on my stomach for my maternity massage which was incredible. Bubbles went absolutely bonkers from the new position, but she settled down pretty quickly so Mama could relax. It was a wonderful afternoon; thanks, babe!!

And just for kicks, here I am with both kids… Griffin on the left and Bubbles on the right. I think I look pretty similar!



1 comment :

Kate Craig said...

I still think you look smaller this time! Oh man, being able to lie on your stomach would be amazing!