Wednesday, December 4, 2013

32 Weeks

32 weeks
November 27, 2013- December 3, 2013


How Far Along: 32 weeks

Size of Baby: She weighs about 3 3/4 pounds which is the size of a large jicama. What in the world is that? She's also about 16.7 inches long… she's running out of room in there! 

Total Weight Gain: I think I'm hovering right around 25 pounds. I could definitely crush a small person.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. All day, every day. Except for that vest that wouldn't zip shut if my life depended on it.

Gender: Girl! 

Movement: She's still a wiggly little thing, but not as much as her brother was. He was a wild man when I was pregnant with him. She's a whole lot calmer in general. 

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well! It's nice to be at my parent's house for Thanksgiving because they like getting up with him and letting me sleep in a little bit… that's the only gift I need this holiday season!

What I Miss: This is going to sound cliche, but this is the question I struggle the most with every week. I am truly so thankful to be pregnant and so close to full term. It's hard to really "miss" anything, especially since there's no guarantee that I'll ever be pregnant again. I get pretty sad thinking about that and that's why I really don't feel like I miss much about not being pregnant! Crazy hormones.

Cravings: I try not to eat hot dogs when I'm pregnant, but I've really been craving a coney dog from one of the coney islands in Michigan. The desire gets stronger whenever I'm home. You can bet I'll be going for one during my first post-pregnancy Michigan trip! And no, Cincinnati coneys don't count. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Symptoms: I'm having a lot of heartburn. I had two episodes of it at the most when I was pregnant with Griffin, but it was so bad this past week that I resorted to a spoonful of mustard (a home remedy recommended on the Internet). I had to grab a bottle of Tums Smoothies and they've been my constant companion. There is no rhyme or reason to my heartburn; I haven't noticed it coming on with specific foods. It just hits me when it hits me. Phew! It's no joke.

Best Moment of the Week: We had our pictures taken by our fabulous friend Abby Veldman this week. I'd wanted pictures of our little trio before Bubbles came along and it coincided perfectly with Christmas card season. It was absolutely freezing on the day we did them, so we met at the DIA downtown. I am so, so happy with how they turned out! Abby is incredible and has captured so many important moments in our lives, so it only felt appropriate to have her take photos of our family and the Bubble bump. She's incredible; if you live in the metro Detroit area and need pictures made, she's your girl! These are just a few of my favorites… 








No comments :