Monday, February 8, 2010

Random Assortment of Goodness


Just now, while trying to type the title of this incredibly riveting blog post that you are about to wade through, my caps lock did something wonky and my typing LoOkEd LiKe ThIs. I'm sorry, but have you ever seen someone type like that on Facebook or some other social media forum? Irritating times 11. If you do make it a point to type like that on a regular basis, I ask you, is it necessary? It looks like you are a fourteen year old girl typing a love IM (Instant Message) to Joey, your TRUE LOVE FOREVER, because if love isn't forever at age fourteen then what is? I am honestly trying to figure out who I was in love with at fourteen. Probably Joshua Peterson, because WHO WASN'T? And to those of you who don't know who Joshua Peterson is, well, I am sorry for you because you didn't get to go to SCS and experience him and his cool points.

Onward and upward.

I finally uploaded (downloaded? WHO KNOWS.) some pictures to my computer. Hope you all enjoy them along with the incredibly witty descriptions that come hand in hand with my photographs. I always blow myself away with my captions, so I figure everyone else is probably in awe too. Oh, and since I am so on top of things, I am posting my Christmas pictures in FEBRUARY. I also blow myself away with how timely I am.


The first big snow in Cincinnati this winter made our house look so lovely. Even though we still had our Christmas lights up mid-January when the snow hit, we decided to be redneck and turn them on for the sake of a few pictures. If you know me, you know I am a true redneck if nothing else.

For the past two years, I have made the support staff and my parent helpers a homemade Christmas gift. This year, I decided to personalize ornaments. It was easier than I thought it would be and they were a huge hit! I did a more Christmasy version and then a few with the leopard print ribbon and color scheme. I was so tickled with how they both turned out.

I picked up these sweet (no pun intended) little boxes in the Target dollar section. I wrapped each ornament and made a little tag for each one. I used my Sharpies which just made me the happiest girl on the block. Does anyone else have an unnatural love for new Sharpies and pens? Seriously, a new set just makes my day. And, moving on.
Little man is getting so big! He is one of the most expressive babies I have ever had the pleasure of being with. He has such a sweet spirit and I am just loving being a part of his little life!

Missy Miss and I were matching at Nana's New Years Day party! We spent lots of time together that night chatting and eating. We are such good girlfriends.


Avery is the daughter of one of my closest friends, Michelle! Michelle and I went to college together and she lives in Michigan near my family. It makes my heart ache that we can't live closer, but it does make me a lot more appreciative of the time we do get to spend together. This was during our girl's lunch over Christmas. After eating, we walked around the mall and saw a woman pushing a shopping cart full of children (hopefully hers!)-- IN THE MALL. It was one of the highlights of my Christmas for sure. I miss you and love you, Mitchy!!

And now for a short video of the wonder that is Avery. This child is HILARIOUS. I have never been so entertained by one who cannot speak. Speaking of speaking, please ignore my irritating baby voice. Lord only knows what it will turn into when the offspring happens to be mine.


4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Um, I had no idea your house was so CUTE and PERFECT!!! Wow! If I lived in a house, that is exactly what I would want it to look like.

Also, not fifteen minutes ago was I using a sharpie and thinking about how much I love them.

AND lastly, I was DEVASTATED when Joshua Peterson got married. Not really, but you know. :)

Kate Craig said...

OK, HOW much coffee did you have before writing this??? :)

And now I'm trying to remember exactly who you did have a crush on when we were 14...

You have a perfect Christmas house!

Rashel and A.D. said...

Your house is soooo beautiful! Will u post some pics of the inside someday?

Michelle said...

i watched and i looooooove my creature. oh and i am so proud to be linked in your blog since i am such a dutiful blogger and well versed in blogging techniques of all varieties. :)