Why, hello there! I forgot I even had a blog! Life has been a whirlwind around here lately and the icing on the cake was that I came down with some cold thingy this weekend compliments of my little darling. I thought I had sanitized adequately, but that myth was quickly debunked by the fact that I woke up looking like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on Saturday morning. Add that to the fact that I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to be a judge at a spelling bee and my morning was just a JOY.
The weekend shaped up to be a lonely one though because T had to go into work on Saturday afternoon and was there until 3 am. During that time, I laid on the couch and tried to find something stimulating on TV but let me tell you, there was NOT A THING. Not even an episode of Teen Mom, which I happen to find hilarious. My favorite quote from the episode I watched the other day? “I have something called empathy. That means I can see myself in your shoes.” HA. Anyway, now that we’ve covered the fact that there was nothing worthy enough of my attention on television, I would like to tell you what I did do. I watched Food, Inc. IT WAS BRILLIANT. I was buying some organic meats and veggies before, but I am now completely convinced that we are going all organic, all the time. It was very impactful and I’m glad I watched. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is a “foodie”, who feeds a family, or frankly, WHO EATS. The conditions that these chickens, pigs, and cows are in are simply disgusting and horrifying. I don’t want to make this into a blog post where we get in a huge discussion about food, but I am even more pro-farmers market and CSA after watching this movie. My friend Lindsey wrote a great post on this movie which inspired me to watch it. Go read what she said and then let's move on.
The next morning, T got up and was at work by 10 am. I left at 11 for lunch with one of my BFFs and then an open house for work. All of that didn’t put me home until about 5. UGH. That is not typical and BOY I am thankful. I really love our weekends and it was sad to really not get to see each other much. Is it bad that I’m already looking forward to Friday? It also helps that my parents are coming to visit. That always puts me in a very joyful mood! We’re also having a Super Bowl party on Sunday. Let’s be honest—I don’t look forward to the Super Bowl for football. I get pumped about the food and commercials. Does anybody understand what I’m saying to you?
Speaking of food (let’s not kid ourselves, I am always speaking of food), I made the most DELECTABLE CrockPot meal the other night. I am telling you—divine. It is from the CrockPot365 blog that I absolutely love. I have Stephanie’s book, which I would highly recommend for anyone, but this particular recipe was on her blog. Chicken Enchilada Chili, I love you. You complete me in all of your enchilada-y goodness and organic chicken-ness. ;) There was absolutely nothing bad about this and it is a healthy recipe! It essentially is enchiladas without the tortillas! It takes about 5 minutes to assemble and 7-8 hours later, you shred the chicken and BOOM—delicious! So, so, so, so, so, so good. I served it with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and it killed me. We’re still eating it.
On one final note of randomness, the other day I had to punish two of my boys for eating paper. People, this is why I love being a teacher. At what other job, besides a mental institution attendant, would you have to speak to a human about why you don’t eat paper? Teaching is more of a joy every single day. You think I’m kidding but I’m not. I about laughed myself silly after I spoke to the boys. Ah, what a life I have.
That wasn’t the final note of randomness after all! Today, Beth Moore’s new book So Long Insecurity is in stores today. I have a gift card from Christmas (thanks, Mom!) for a local Christian book store plus a coupon, so I am heading straight there after school to pick up my copy! I can barely wait. Is anyone else planning to read this book? I know it wasn’t on my reading list, but since I have administrative privileges on this blog, I am officially adding it! I’m sure it will be amazing. Beth is such a Spirit filled woman and I love reading and hearing what she has to say. I am already so looking forward to the Beth Moore study I will be doing this summer with some friends! It does my heart so good to have some wonderful Christian women to do life with here in Cincinnati. He is good!

3 comments :
I must say that I am very pro-farmer and CSAs as well. I have yet to watch Food, Inc but I've read a bunch of books on the topic before and truly the food industry here is disgusting. Which is probably why your kids were eating paper. Ha! :)
We eat as much as organic and locally grown food as possible. We also have a big garden in the summer and we are still enjoying food from it that I froze or canned. I miss you. I was hoping to see you at church or small group! Hope you see you soon!
Le
Rach!! I miss you so much! I'm glad you finally updated. At least now I can feel like I know what's happening in your life.
What Beth Moore study are you doing this summer? I'm currently working through Esther (slowly.) this is the first of her's i've done. I stopped going to the bible study group (for now it's just too difficult with the girls), but still have access to the videos. i'm loving it.
by the way, you might be interested to know that Miriam has her first tooth and is working on crawling. Lydia is starting to speak in complete sentences (actually just copying Catie's sentences). and Catie got her first haircut recently. (use ty's fb and check out the pics.)
Love you my friend!!!
Post a Comment