We had a really nice day! We have stayed here over Easter the past two years, and I have to say that we love it. When both sides of the family live out of town, it's nice to stay put for a holiday now and then. Easter seems like a good fit for that.
We got up and went to church. Our pastor absolutely killed it. I've been in church for 27 Easter Sundays now and it was hands-down the best message I've ever heard on Easter Sunday. His words hit me in a fresh way and I left so overwhelmed and grateful for the incredible sacrifice Jesus made for me!
We've had a difficult year so far and if I'm being honest, I've questioned at times whether God is really good, whether He is really for me. As I sat and listened to the graphic details of how Christ suffered and died a humiliating, excruciating death for me, I thought of how I could ever let Griffin do that for another person. The answer is a big fat no stinking way. But God let His one and only son do that for me and Jesus did it willingly! Not only that, but in addition to a horrific death, Jesus had the weight of every sin ever committed square on His shoulders. He did that so that I can have Hope. How can I question if God is good after being reminded of that? He is good. He is for me.
There's an Easter rabbit trail for you! Pun intended.
After church, we came home and tortured Griffin with some pictures. He hates getting his picture made right now and it makes me so sad. I was bound and determined to get a few good shots, so I bribed him with a lollipop. Parenting at it's finest right here, folks! Could you not just die at how sweet he is in his little seersucker pants and vest?? I know I'm a little biased, but I think he is the cutest thing ever. These pictures aren't the best quality, but that's what happens when it rains on Easter and you have to take pictures inside.
I can't even stand that last picture. My sweet little man child.
After the pictures, which were akin to pulling out Griffin's fingernails one by one, we ate lunch and put him down for an early nap. When he woke up, we all changed into our sweats and headed over to our surrogate family in Cincinnati. My friend Le, her husband Bob, and her parents have welcomed us into their family with open arms. We love them so much and Griffin is basically obsessed with all of them. He asks for "Bop, Yee, Nee-Fa (Neva, Bob & Le's daughter), and Gigi (Le's mom)" constantly. Of course I didn't take a single picture at Gigi and Granddaddy's house, but I do have this video of the next day. When I went to get him from his crib in the morning, the first person he asked for was Neva. He's a boy who knows what he wants!
We ended up giving him his Easter basket late, but better late than never! Everything that I got for him was stuff he needed or things I found from the dollar bin at Target. It's easy to spoil your child a little bit when they're the only one! Am I right?
One of the biggest hits of the Easter basket were the confetti eggs! I happened to see these at Kroger one day and picked up a box. My only regret is that I didn't buy several boxes to last us over the next year! Griffin had a ball smashing them on the driveway and we had a lot of fun watching him. There's something about smashing eggs that aren't gross and slimy! These were so much fun and Griffin will definitely be finding a repeat box in his Easter basket next year.
He loved the other little goodies in his Easter basket, minus the socks. I can't imagine why socks weren't a big hit for a two year old. He loved his chocolate bunny and kept hugging it. His "Minnow" (Nemo) Pez dispenser was the other favorite. I love doing little mom things like filling up an Easter basket.
I hope you all had a great Easter celebrating the Risen Savior!













1 comment :
I love the concentrating egg faces! And the back of his head... his hair is just perfect! I'm sure you never hear that ;)
Post a Comment