Friday, August 16, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up again with Darci and the girls for Five on Friday! I'm loving this link up every week!


1. Soup Friday
I don't know about where you live, but in southern Ohio, August is typically unbearable when it comes to heat. However, we've had an unseasonably cool month which has done nothing but get me excited for fall! Currently we have all our windows open and our air off; it feels amazing in our house! 

In the fall and winter, we do something in the Haney house called Soup Friday. Basically, I make a big pot of soup and some sort of bread to go with it and we hunker down, eat, and watch Shark Tank. It truly is my favorite night of the week. We are probably the coolest couple you've ever met, huh? Recently, I made a board on Pinterest with a lot of our favorite soups and quite a few new ones I can't wait to try this fall! If you have any soups you love, send 'em my way! We're always looking for new recipes to try. 

2. Big Brother
I started watching Big Brother every summer after Tyler and I got married. It really is our favorite show to watch together and we look forward to it every year. HOWEVER, CBS really screwed it up this year and pieced together the worst cast of all time. Truly... the WORST. I would like to go on the record as saying that I think Gina Marie is the most vile person alive, followed closely by Aaryn and Amanda. 

This is my 6th year watching and I'm so tempted to give it up every week. I've gotten to the point where all my favorites have gone home, so I don't even care who wins. There have been a lot of horrible, horrible things said in the house this year and I'm actually ashamed that CBS continues to let it go on. No one is really playing the game or making any moves. It's pitiful. Here's hoping that Big Brother will get a nice revamp next summer!


3. Peanut Butter Boy
Earlier this week, I was making breakfast and I heard a two year old voice behind me say, "Yum! Delicious!" I turned around to find Griffin sitting on his stool pretending to drink from the peanut butter jar he'd so stealthily stolen from the pantry! He thought it was hilarious, so naturally, I did too. He soon graduated to just digging peanut butter out of the jar with his finger. I do the same thing, so I guess he comes by it naturally! Funny little duck. 


4. Greek "Dip"
My friend Megan posted an Instagram picture a few weeks ago with these pretzel crisps and a similar tomato/ feta concoction and I've literally thought about it constantly since. I finally found the right pretzel crisps at my Kroger this week and during snack time the other day (one of about 4 daily snacks that I'm having right now, let's be honest), I mixed up a quick little bowl of this Greek dip that's always such a hit. I just eyeballed amounts and halved some grape tomatoes instead of chopping up a whole tomato, but it really hit the spot. Shoot. Now I need some more. 


5. Farmer Boy
When I took Griffy to the library last week, I found this book just sitting on the chair in the children's section. This was my absolute favorite of all the Little House books. My third grade teacher read it to our class and I still remember hanging on her every word! I was reminded that I need to reread the series at some point; maybe in January when I'm nursing a baby for one million hours a day. I can't wait until Griffin is old enough for us to read Farmer Boy together! I think my favorite part is still when Almanzo's pig gets her teeth stuck together with the candy. Such precious childhood memories!


Have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments :

Christene @ MommaBird said...

Love the PB picture!

For the life of me, I can't get my 2.5yr old to eat a PB&J - he says it's too sticky. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Awwww,Farmer Boy! I always loved reading that book outloud to my classes. And it was because my 5th grade teacher read it outloud to me. Thanks for giving me a smile today after reading this post. from the Third Grade Teacher :-)

Makeshift Margaritas said...

Found you through the Friday Link Up! Glad my husband and I aren't the only ones that love staying in on Friday to watch Shark Tank ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Big Brother. Did you see Julie Chen's interview with Aaryn? She let her have it!