Today I was intentional. I did a lot of things on purpose.
I met with my mentor. I grocery shopped. I did a ton of laundry and folded it (don't ask if it's all put away). I took a nap. I played with Griffy. I made dinner. We took a family walk after dinner.
Lots of normal, on purpose things that are just everyday tasks.
Does it make them less intentional even though they aren't revolutionary? Of course not. Especially to my poor husband who, when I was in the throes of the first trimester, was wondering if our house would ever be clean again or if he'd ever have clean socks again. Whoops. I'll tell you, he's glad I'm cooking and cleaning and doing laundry again. I think we all are!
All that to say, I do have a list of things I want to get started on in the month of October that will help us prepare for our baby and to hopefully put our house on the market in the next year. But today was not the day to work on that list.
Today was a day to just do small but necessary things. Food had to be purchased, laundry had to be done, a nap really needed to be had. And I'm going to bed tonight feeling accomplished and ready to start a new day tomorrow.
Sometimes the small things really are just as important as the big things.
This is the fourteenth post in my 31 Days of Being Imperfectly Intentional series.


No comments :
Post a Comment