Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 8 :: Sleep

One of my very favorite education professors in college once told my class this: 

"One of the most spiritual things you can do for yourself is sleep." 

I've thought about that so much in the last eight years. 

I know she wasn't saying that to promote laziness or slothfulness, but to emphasize that we need to care for ourselves well (both mentally and physically) and one of the best ways to do that is to get enough sleep.


Today, I'm exhausted. I got up early to do my quiet time, but I didn't go to bed early enough last night. 

I'm giving myself a pass tonight and I'm going to intentionally get to bed early so that I can get up tomorrow, feel refreshed, and enjoy my day without feeling like I'm in a haze. I have a very specific task that I want to work on and I want to be at my best.

Griffin knows what I'm talking about when I say I'm exhausted. He almost went back to sleep on his changing table after his nap today.



So I'm going to bed, friends. I hope you have a full and restful night of sleep!


This is the eighth post in my 31 Days of Being Imperfectly Intentional series. 


No comments :